▪ Chapter Seventeen ▪

I struggled in the man's - Dave's - hold, fighting to free my hands from his iron-clad grip

I struggled in the man's - Dave's - hold, fighting to free my hands from his iron-clad grip. My efforts were in vain though, he was too strong, too powerful. I watched on, helplessly as Lily stood, clearly terrified, behind a vicious looking Ace. He was doing a surprisingly good job of keeping the other men at bay, away from Lily. I had never seen him look so dangerous. 

"Call the dog off, Girl. Unless you want me to blow it's brains out." Dave-man threatened in my ear, his grip on my wrists so strong I feared he would crush them. 

I hesitated. He was the only thing standing between them and Lily.

"Now!" He ordered impatiently, clenching down on my wrists so hard that a small whimper of pain escaped my lips and tears sprung to my eyes. 

"A... Ace!" I choked out, "Down." I barely managed a whisper, hoping he would understand me. I couldn't bear to see them hurt him, nor could Lily. His brown eyes met mine curiously as if questioning why I would ask this of him. These men clearly weren't our friends. Part of me was relieved when he stepped back to Lily's side, no longer baring his teeth but still clearly not happy with the situation. 

"He'll do whatever you want, just please... please don't hurt them. Either of them." I begged, utterly helpless. My heart was beating wildly in my chest, so fast I feared it may burst under the stress of the situation. 

"Well, that'll all depend on you, won't it Beautiful?" He replied, his voice sickeningly sweet, ridiculing as one of his grimy hands reached towards my face. I flinched, backing as far away from him as I could, disgusted by his vile touch and suggestive tone. 

"Don't touch me!" I bit back, angrily. There was no way I would let this greasy, pig of a man take advantage of me. A look at his face told me that he had to be at least 35 years old and had a clear lack of self-hygiene. I was repulsed by his hold on me, squirming, unsuccessfully, to get away.

I suddenly remembered my gun. I had it in my hands before he grabbed me. Where was it?  A quick glance at the floor confirmed my suspicions, I had dropped it. There it laid, no more than 2 feet away, but completely useless to me now. Unless I could just escape his hold. 

"Stop fucking moving, Girl!" He growled at me, clearly having a short temper. For just a second, his grip loosened as he readjusted his hold. It was just a second but it was all I needed. I quickly spun around to face him, ripping my hands-free and swiftly proceeded to knee him, hard, in his groin before stamping down on his foot with as much force as I could. 

I dived towards the gun on the floor whilst he was momentarily incapacitated, clutching at where I hit him. I felt the familiar cold metal gun under my fingertips, spinning around as fast as I could to aim the gun at him. Despite my best efforts, he recovered quicker than I had anticipated from my attack. 

"Nice try, Bitch." Was all I heard before something hard slammed into the side of my head and darkness clouded my vision. 

  ▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪