I thought about it once (Klaine) Part 2

MATURE

Summary: Kurt told Blaine some startling news about some struggles in his life and Blaine is having a hard time with it.

SPOILERS for season 6 episode 12.

Takes place between time jumps in season 6 episode 13 (morning after part 1).

TRIGGER WARNING: Profanity, Depression, Self harm and Suicide (a bit more than Part 1 - be warned - vague description of death by suicide)

————————————————————

Blaine and Kurt are home in Lima for the holidays (during winter break for Kurt's senior year at NYADA). They are staying in the Hummel-Hudson house (Kurt's father's house) in Kurt's old bedroom. The couple had slept in late and they are the only two in the home.  

Blaine wakes up suddenly in a sweat and screams out Kurt's name, "Kurt no!"

Kurt was downstairs in the kitchen putting the coffee pot on when he heard Blaine scream. He went rushing back into his bedroom.

"What Blaine? What's wrong?" When Kurt gets to the doorway he sees Blaine sitting up in the bed- sheets thrown around him - with his head down in his hands.

As Kurt gets closer, he can  see Blaine is crying. He sits down on the edge of the bed next to him and gently starts rubbing his back. Suddenly Blaine grabs onto Kurt's torso and continues to cry in Kurt's lap. Kurt just sits there with him for a bit, letting Blaine calm down and rubbing his back.

Kurt can't remember Blaine every being like this before. But he calmly waits until Blaine pulls himself up and wipes his drippy nose.

Blaine has left tears and snot on Kurt's pants but Kurt doesn't care in the slightest. Right now, he wants to know what's going on. He assumes it was a nightmare, and thinking back to last night, he has a feeling he knows what is was about.

But Kurt asks away, "What happened, Blainey?"

Blaine wipes his nose again before answering, "It was a horrible nightmare. I-I-I was coming home and-and..." Blaine starts tearing up again. So he takes a breath and seems to start fresh, "I was in my Warblers blazer so I guess we were in high school. But I was coming home as if it was to our house but it was your old house, like your dad's house, I was coming home to. And I went up to your room..."

Blaine looks like he was going to ball again. Kurt grabbed him into a hug and again rubbed his back. Blaine pulled back to finish his story.

"There you were..... hanging..... from the ceiling..... dead. Like the way they told us they found Karofsky when he.... tried. But you were.... you were... gone." Blaine's calmer now, now that he got it out. He didn't look like he was going to sob, but tears were running down his face and he wouldn't look at Kurt.

"Blaine." Kurt says to get his attention. Still Blaine's eyes stared into nothingness. "Blaine!" and Kurt grabbed his face and forced him to look at him. "I am ok. I am alive. I am here. I love you."

"I love you so much, Kurt."

And will that Blaine breaks out into sobs again, hugging his husband so tight it was hard for Kurt to breath. But Kurt didn't complain, he just sat there with Blaine, rubbing his back, and repeating, "I'm alive. It's all ok. I love you." over and over until the sobs slowly quieted.

Blaine finally stopped crying. He lifted his head and kissed Kurt. Hard. Just pressing his lips on Kurt's for what seemed like forever.

 Just pressing his lips on Kurt's for what seemed like forever