"The Talk" - Round 2 (Kurt & Burt)

Summary: After Kurt and his dad have "the talk," Kurt has a few questions but he's afraid to ask, but somehow Burt knows.

SPOILERS for season 2 episode 15.

Takes place after season 2 episode 15 (about a week after Kurt and his father have their first talk about sex).

Trigger Warning: There is nothing graphic in this fic but be aware it is about sex (in an educational way).

—————————————————————

Kurt is in his room, re-reading the brochures his dad had picked up for him at the clinic– the ones on sex.

Kurt was reluctant to read them at first. His dad told him they had "the mechanics" of what he would be doing. Kurt didn't know if he was ready for that. He was old enough to have done these things, let alone just know how they work, but still, he wasn't sure why but he was scared.

They stayed in his drawer for a couple of days after his dad gave them to him before his curiosity got the better of him and he finally picked them up. 

Over the next few days, he read them all and re-read them. While they were informative, they were all quite brief. He had questions, but he was afraid to look them up in fear of what might come up.

Burt's in the kichen. Kurt's been trying to get the nerve to go talk to him for a few minutes.

He stood at the foot of the stairs. His dad had told him to come back with questions, after all, but he still knew it was going to be awkward. However, the last conversation with his dad was better than he thought it would be.

He finally walked into the kichen. "Hey dad."

"Hey, son. What to help me with dinner?"

"Sure." Kurt was nervous, and he didn't know how to bring it up. But as if to read his mind, Burt stopped was what he was doing, turned to him, and asked "Did you uhhh..... have any questions about what we talked about. The brochures, you read them?"

"Ya dad I read them." Kurt answered without looking at his dad.

"So... uh... any questions?"

Kurt lost his nerve. "Nope."

"Ya sure? It's ok, you can ask me anything. Nothing's stupid. I can't promise I'll have all the answers, but I'll help you find it if I don't, ok?"

Wow. His dad had really taken this to heart. Kurt couldn't believe how far they've come in the past year.

"Ummm... one actually."

"Ok. I'm going try my best. Shot."

"They mentioned using protection. But... I... umm... can't get anyone pregnant, so why would I need that?"

"Ok. Ya I got this one. You know what STDs are?" Kurt shakes his head. "So they are diseases you can get from sex. So protection while, yes, for a straight couple is to avoid pregnancy, it's also to avoid STDs. And as long as you're exchanging..... bodily fuilds, you can get them - gay or straight."

Kurt nods his head, "So, uh, how would you, uhhh, know if you had one? Or if my partner has one?"

"Well I'll tell you right now you don't have one because you've never had sex. They all have different symptoms but a lot you get... itchy or pain down there. As far as your partner, you should always ask, and if you're ever going to have sex without protection, you make sure they get tested."

"Thanks, Dad." Kurt says, finally getting the nerve to look his dad in the eye. This wasn't as bad as he thought it would be.

"And you heard what I said last time son? Don't go throwing yourself around, be smart about it. Do it with someone you love."

Kurt nods, "And wait til I'm 30." Kurt says with a smile.

"And wait til you're 30." Burt repeats with a laugh.

The two when back to working together on dinner for the evening.