5*

"You're pulling down my walls like you're my only sun..."

It was such an atypical day to Kaycee because even on Sundays she normally had something to do, but for the first time in ages, she was free and had absolutely nothing on the schedule. Well, she had plans with Sean to go to the movies but he had to cancel because he was focusing on this new choreography that he was creating.

She just had lunch and was laying in her backyard face-timing her best friend, Tahani.

"So you are bored," Tahani said after Kaycee told about her day which consisted of breakfast, nap, friends, and lunch.

"Very much, I really wish you could be here." She said.

"Sorry boo." The other girl answered. "I thought you were with Sean today, it was a surprise when you called."

"Yeah we were going to go to the movies but he's busy." She answered, clearly not happy about it.

"It's just that I saw that he posted a story on Instagram of some food and there was a girl's hand, I thought it was yours," Tahani said and Kaycee frowned. I thought he was going to be working today. "So you two still with that rule of not dancing with each other?"

"Yes." She said.

"You know that I found that very stupid, right?" She said honestly, making Kaycee laugh. "I'm serious, you are wasting something really good. You two could be big together with a world of opportunities, everyone loves you dancing."

"You know that I don't want to do partnership again, It doesn't end well." She answered.

Her friend took a deep breath. "You know what's that? Bullshit, kayc. Gabe was an idiot for wanting to change you and it's okay for you to fear that it will happen again, but you can go your whole life building walls around yourself because of him. If you do then well, he still winning because he's still taking things away from."

"T, believe me, I wish it was that easy to just let go." She answered honestly.

"Just promise me to think about it, I not saying for you to go and jump on Sean to dance. I just don't want for you to keep building walls where you should be placing doors." Tahani's words were deep but Kaycee tried not to think about them too much.

It has been a while since they last danced together and Kaycee would be lying if she said that she didn't miss. Dancing with Sean was genuinely something out of the world to her, but still, she was sure that this decision was for the best.

The girls basically talked for the rest of the day. It was night time now, Kaycee had already had dinner and took a shower, she was in her bed in a loop of watching stupid videos on Instagram until Sean texted her.

shamu

earth calling kayc

rainbowrice

hi dumb

shamu

how was your day?

rainbowrice

pretty boring

shamu

what did you do?

rainbowrice

nothing then i face timed tahani

and then more nothing

shamu

wow calm down kaycee leave a little fun for us