Why am i like this?

I was leaning my back against the wall and watching a catastrophe play out.

"Entrapta that's not how it works" Scorpia shouted and slammed her fist onto the table.

"Well yes it does going your pieces were lined up that way" Entrapta smirked and snatched up Scorpia's fallen chess pieces.

"Catra you're on my side right, she can't do that, it's not fair"

"Hmm what" I jerked from my daze. "I haven't played chess before so maybe" I shrugged and drifted back into space.

"Are you okay Catra, you seem off in another world" Entrapta asked, both the princesses sympathetically turned their gazes to me.

Gave them a half hearted thumbs up and then spaced out again.

My mind was flicking through memories of Adora. Times when we were little and would run and chase each other through the hoard but along with those moments calmed the stinging bad ones.

I remember dark weaver,The generals and how they hurt me. Getting yelled at and struck with fists, hands whips, small cuts and just trying to be good, trying to be as good as Adora it's was like Adora didn't care, she only cared about climbing up the ranks even if it left me behind.

"Catra where are you going" Scorpia asked, I didn't know what I was doing but my feet carried me away to the soldiers sleeping quarters .

"Hey what's wrong" they yelled after me but I just ran. I needed to be alone, to think alone.

I ran into the room with the bunks but some other soldiers were busy talking. Their reproachful eyes shot daggers at me, it was easy to see they didn't want me in there. I the bathrooms, small rooms that had showers, toilets, mirrors and sinks in them, lockable, good. I run to the closed one and slammed the door closed and locked it for good measure.

I leant over the sink and let the hurtful tears fall.

Why did Adora do this to me, it's like  she just never cared. I pulled off my head band and let my tangled locks fall over my face.

she just always hated me, well I ...hate her? The words felt foreign in my head.

"Catra are you okay" Scopia's motherly voice called through the door.

"I-I'm fine" I sputtered. I ran over to the shower and turned it on to cover my crying. I waited and heard Scorpia walk away.

I pulled of my clothing and shook my hair lose. My messy hair was laying over my shoulders and down my back. My ears lay flat showing my sadness.

I looked at my body. Scars painted across my back, shoulders and legs. All were gifts from Shadow Weaver. I remember those pains so Clearly that didn't hurt as much as when I tried to tell Adora.

I told her about how Shadow Weaver would hurt me but not the others. Adora laughed and brushed it off, she just didn't care about it, she didn't care about me.

I stepped into running shower water. The water washed all my emotions to the surface.

The tears came in buckets as I sobbed and fell to my knees.

My hands woven through my hair hurt as my claws pressed into my scalp, my lip pulsed and a metallic taste spilled into my mouth as I bit my lip. I screamed and my hand came down to my face and slapped it hard.

"I need to be stronger than this and this pain was what made me weak."

My hands lay many hits and The pain stung but it felt like I was being punished for being so worthless.

I slammed my hands into the tiled wall leaving a long crack, a scar.

"Why do I feel this way" I asked into the pelting water.

"Why am I like this"

I slumped to the shower floor and felt a droplets of blood run from my hair and lips.

My face and head stung and no amount of water would stop that.

I rose out of the water and looked at myself in the mirror.

My eyes were stained with red making my blue and yellow irises shine. My face was red and starting to bruise and a bloody watered from my hairline.

I cleaned myself up and tried to stop my eyes from looking so red. I had one nasty hit across my left cheek and a deep puncture from my fang was on my lower lip.

I dried myself and dressed. I planted my head band back in and almost looked normal.

I was going to have to lie to Scorpia and Entrapta, I had done it to Adora enough to be and expert.

I walked into the meeting room where Scorpia and Entrapta had there heads pressed together quietly muttering. I had a nasty hunch it was about me.

"Hey Entrapta, Scorpia" I said, my voice sounded weird but they didn't notice.

"Oh hey Catra" Entrapta giggled. She had a sneaky smile across her face and Scorpia was turning pink.

"Okay you better tell me what's up and why you're acting weird"

The two looked at each other and smile knowingly.

"Surprise" the shouted and pulled out some where thing.

"What is it" I asked and tried to to touch it. They held out some iced brown rock Expectantly.

"Well is a pastry, us princess have them at festivals and they taste good" Scorpia explained.

I went pink. "But I'm not a princess" I muttered and turned my blushing face away.

"Well to us you are" Entrapta squealed.

That made me turned a violent shade of maroon. I took the pasty and tried a small bite and holy hats it was so amazing.

"Here" I offered and broke the pastry in three parts so we could all share.

"Thanks Catra, we saw how you were a bit down. Entrapta told me she could make them with a machine of hers but we only had enough for one."

We all munched on the sugary goodness and I felt good again. I might not have Adora but Scorpia and Entrapta both cared for me.

I had a idea after I finished my pastry.

I felt rebellious and I wanted out so my plan for tomorrow was to steal a hoard ship and fly outside, I just wanted some freedom and to be away from everything, no one would notice anyway.