Chapter 3

The voices die down from behind the curtain, and soft music begins to play. Molly gives me an encouraging smile as she links her arm through mine, tears begin swelling in her eyes. I take a deep breath as the curtains open before me and I walk slowly down the aisle.

People gasp as I wander down the aisle, no one can contain their happiness - including me. Out of tradition, someone whistles and people slowly start clapping, until everyone in the room is clapping and laughing. It might have seemed ridiculous, but that wasn't just a wedding. This was the greatest thing that had happened in the Wizarding World in a long time, as everyone was still recovering from the Hogwarts Battle, and it's just what we all need.

The walk down the aisle is so long because there are so many guests. Half of the Ministry of Magic has arrived, as well as Ron's whole family. We didn't even hand out specific invitations, everyone who wanted to come was invited. After all, we were on a field the size of a football pitch.

There wasn't a dry eye as we exchanged our vows and everyone cheered so loudly as Ron dipped and kissed me, and as a finale fist-pumping the air and picking me up princess style.

Everything was perfect until the next moment.