Chapter 5

Ron wrapped his arm around my waist and we quickly apparated. We arrived in a forest.

"W-where are we?" I attempted to stop my hiccuping and concentrate.

"It's okay, we'll be there soon." He stroked my hair and guided us around trees and fallen branches.

Somehow it seemed familiar, but I couldn't make out how. I nuzzled my face into his shoulder and sobbed, the image of flying chairs and explosions like a video tape on the back of my eyelids.

*****

Suddenly, I woke up, without even knowing when I fell asleep. I heard whispering voices, coming from behind a curtain that was strung around my bed. Ron was asleep on a chair next to me, snoring softly. I smiled and stared at him.

All of a sudden, everything hit me. My wedding, ruined. The video tape replayed once again, and the tears were flowing. My sobs woke Ron, and he was immediately by my side. He kissed my lips, my forehead, my cheeks, my chin. I tried to stop crying for his sake, but he knew it was impossible.

"Bloody hell, Hermione, you scare the crap out of me" he murmered, a slight smirk on his lips.

Out of instinct, I stupidly went to apologize, but he stopped me and laughed.

"You're not seriously going to apologize for sleeping for 3 days, love." He said, wearing his adorable little smile.

"But, I don't even remember falling asleep," I said, "I just remember..."

I was crying again. The tears weren't even giving any warning, just flowing down my face. Suddenly, a lady wearing a nurse's uniform bustled into the room, babbling about me needing rest, and more medicine.

It was Madam Pomfrey, older, but still herself. And I was back at Hogwarts.