Dallas

My face begins to feel warm and butterflies start to emerge as I watch those still piercing eyes roaming over every inch of my body until they stopped right on my chest for a while.

I want to slap him and tell him what a pig he's being, he was staring so long I couldn't imagine what he was thinking. I want to leave here and never speak to him again, that is until his eyes lifted and returned to mine.

My breath seems to get caught as his eyes stare into mine and his face goes blank for a split second until forming his familiar smirk. "Excuse me, mister."

I step to the open side of the doorway and he immediately steps in front of me. I feel my cheeks getting red as I look up at those enchanting eyes once again."Hey, Betty!"

"Betty" seriously. "My name is not Betty!" I watch as he leans his arm against the side of the doorway.
"Oh yeah, then what's ya name?"

"That's for me to know, and you to - " I can't think of a response so I go under his arm and hurry down the steps and out of the front gate.

I hear his footsteps start to follow me then stop, "The drive-in tonight at eight, be there." I turn around and laugh. "You think it's that easy? That didn't sound like a question."

"That's because it wasn't." I feel my face turn a hot red at how deep and stern his voice sounded. I can't help but smile as I start walking down the street.

-

"Won't let her leave my arms reach, huh?" I stand up from the bench to see Claire speed walking towards me with a scared Ponyboy trailing behind her.

"Oh gosh! I am so sorry Claire I was giving you space to study so I stopped to read real quick and I guess I just lost track of time."

"You owe me big time!" I watch her sigh and turn to look at Ponyboy. "Thanks for walking me here pony, that's um really sweet of you."

"Oh it's alright, I'll see ya Monday."

I wave him bye and take Claire's hand as we cross the street then eye her pink cheeks. "Oh ponyboy you're just as sweet as can be for walking me home, oh Pony give me a kiss before you go"

"Shut up!"

"Ok, I'm sorry. So I get to be the maid of honor at your wedding right?"

"My wedding? You can't talk about me when you were drooling all over Dallas Winston." Claire laughs as I instantly stop and I feel a lump start to form in my chest. "That boy I was talking to is Dallas? You mean the Dallas Winston."

She nods slowly. "So what's the deal anyway, are you gonna go on your date." I stop in the middle of the sidewalk. "You're joking, right? Do you think I can go to the movies with him now that I know he's Dallas Winston? The Dallas Winston that steals, terrorizes kids, and is in and out of jail. The Dallas Winston that's probably hated by our whole neighborhood. The Dallas Winston that our parents would put in prison if he just breathed the same air as them."

"Yeah, why not?"

I groan and drag her up the stairs of our house. "Momma! Daddy! We're home!" I put my bag down and walk into the living room to greet my parents. "Hi honey that sweet girl from our church called again, she wants to get together soon."

"I've said it so many times mom I'm not interested in being friends with a girl as bogus as her." I groan as my mother gives me her I'm disappointed in you look. "Mom I don't wanna go that's it, can we please drop it."

I grab my bag and start to walk to my room until she sighs, "I'm sorry that someone is trying to be nice to you just by taking you to a movie."

"A movie?" I run back into the living room. "When, where?" My mother's eyes glow up. "Oh it's tonight at the  drive-in, I left her number in the book."

After I wash up for dinner I look through our phone book and sigh before dialing. I mentally groan as I hear someone pick up on the first ring.

"Hey Cherry, I'd love to see a movie tonight"

-

I didn't think I would ever leave a message for you guys because like let's be honest we're here for the story.

Anyways I want to give a special shout-out to caity_caitlyn she is amazing and she's helping me get through my rough patches. So please go check out her work she's amazing and her writing is so good, Thanks❤️