Dinner

"Dallas Winston are you insane!" I whisper yell down to him. "Cmon man gimme a minute." I creep downstairs carefully making sure to listen every few seconds that everyone's still asleep. Once I get past the door I walk outside and to the side of the house. "Ok, I'm here. What's so important"

"Let's go get a burger."

"Goodnight!" I start to walk away when he grabs my hand and pulls me so I'm facing him again. "What's it gonna take for you to come with me?"

"I barely know you! Why should I even come with you?" I remove my hand from him but he immediately grabs it again. "Why not?"

"I'm not even hungry!" I bite my lip as he starts pulling on the bow holding my robe together.

"I am."

I groan as I remove his hands from my robe. "This better be just a burger Winston!" I carefully walk back inside and put on a plaid knee-high skirt with a black collared shirt and flats.

I head downstairs and start to reach for the door handle when I hear the stairs creak. "Oh this is so good, you owe me big big time now!" I turn to see Claire grinning ear to ear walking down the steps. "Fine, I'll give you whatever you want just let me get an hour or so I'll be back."

"Ok, you owe me every detail when you get back though." She waves me off and I hurry outside grabbing Dallas's hand. "I only have an hour let's go."

He flicked the cigarette he was smoking onto the ground then walks with me to his 1966 Ford Thunderbird. I get in the passenger seat and hum as he starts the engine.

I start to relax in the seat and take in the night air until we pass the diner. "Dallas." I look over at him smiling. "You ever been to a party?"

"You said we were gonna get a burger!" He chuckles and continues to drive forward.        "So where are we going?" He turned down a street I had never been on. "A buddy of mine Buck Merril is having a house party."

He stops the car in front of a run-down house with different colored lights flickering and loud talking. I hesitantly get out of the car and Dallas starts walking to the house. "Cmon man!"

"I don't know, I think I just wanna go home." He starts walking back and scratches the back of his head. "Let's just go in and check out the joint for a bit."

"No, Dallas please take me home I don't wanna be here!" He shakes his head in seeming disbelief. "Ain't that a shock! The socs wants to run home to daddy when things seem wild."

"Don't you dare do that!"

"Do what?"

"Act like I'm being stuck up because I don't wanna go in there."

"Oh like a prude, which you are Betty."

"I'll show you who's a prude!" I walk past him and into the party with confidence beaming off my skin. I grabbed the first bottle I saw and drank. I gagged at how awful it was. I turned around to see Dallas smirking at me as I continued to drink.

I hung around the peanut bowl and chugged about three beers while Dallas was off somewhere. It took a lot to just get one down but I wasn't going to let him win. I was about to start looking for him to gloat when a guy blocked my view.

"What's a little thing like you doing here?" I push my hair out my face and look up to see a guy with curly black hair and dark blue eyes. He has a long scar from his temple to his chin that in my drunken state made me trace with my finger. "Mister, you have a wicked  line on ya face." I start to laugh uncontrollably.

"It's Tim, let's get you out of here." He wrapped my right arm around his neck and pulled me throughout the house with his left hand on my waist.

I started to touch Tim's scar but stopped when I saw Dallas glaring down at me from the other side of the room. He walks over to us "Whatcha doing here Shephard?"