III.

Dear Jack,

I hope we'll meet again. Those parties we used to go to. Those girls we used to talk to. To me, they don't really matter anymore. I want to be happy. I can't here. I'm leaving. I don't know where I'm going or how I'm getting there. I'm going to miss you. I just hope none of those lines define who I am.

Love you man!

Tom

Dear Aaron,

Hey. You've been one of my best friends these last few years. I know we've had our arguments and problems, but I want you to know that I only do it because I give a shit about you. I know that sounds weird, but you scare me sometimes with what you say and do. I feel like I'm looking out for you as if I'm your dad instead of your friend. I don't really want to do that anymore, so I'm letting it all go. I know I have my issues, but damn. Anyways, I miss you and I hope you're doing well.

With love,

Tommy

Dear Gabby Trainor,

I'm going to be straight up with you. It's something I haven't been lately. Remember Vanessa? Your dead friend? Yeah, I used you to get to know whatever I could about her before I sent her a message on Facebook. I knew at the time that you were friends with her. I was fucked up when I met you and I was fucked up when I first met her. So basically, the information you gave me didn't really help because I couldn't remember what you said. But, I'm sorry that I did that. I lied and pretended that I didn't know you were. It still haunts me today. I wish I didn't do that to you. You're such a sweet, kind soul. You're never going to hear me truly apologize because I'll be gone. This is the best it will get.

I'm sorry.

Tom

Dear Kendra,

I know you told Ava a lie about me. I'm not as dumb as you think I am. You talked to her and she wasn't the same person after that. You told her that I hit women when I drink? I've never laid a finger on any woman who didn't give me permission. Listen, Kendra: FUCK YOU! Then you have the audacity to lie again when I call you out on it. All you had to say was, "Yeah I did it," and we'd be all good after an apology. But you doubled down on denying it. Aaron told me to not talk shit about you behind your back anymore, so I'm doing it now in this little note/letter thing. I can't live with people believing the lie that I hit women.

With great sincerity, go fuck yourself.

Tom

Dear Whoever Finds This Collection of Letters and is Forced to Read Them Out Loud,

It's the day. I'm heading over to the bridge to pull over and stare off into the distance. I have my decision. It's the same one Vanessa used. If you're reading this, I'm now dead. I just decided how I'm going to die. It's something only the hallowed few get to choose. Like Vanessa, I'm a part of them. No one can stop me anymore. No one can hurt me anymore. I'm leaving.

Love,

Tom