Chapter 5

Disclaimer: All recognizable characters belong to George R.R. Martin and J.K. Rowling.

A.N: As usual, don't like, don't read. I didn't get paid anyway, so I don't have much time to deal with your bullshit. Cheers.
* * *
Chapter 5
* * *
"Valar Morghulis." A voice said.

She look at a man, not so much older than Oberyn, with his curly long hair peaking out of the hood of his grey cloak, white streak on his brown hair.

Crookshank had moved in front of Hermione, growling, while Oberyn and Edric followed closely, hands on their weapons, but didn't unseathed it, yet. Out of the two, Oberyn look a lot paler, so he must have heard that phrase somewhere and knew it was bad news.

"Faceless Man." He whispered, but loud enough for all of them to heard. Hermione gasped, while Edric's eyes widened.

'No wonder he was frightened. Faceless man is a group of dangerous assassin, famous for their ability to 'change' their face.' Hermione thought.

The man just look at Hermione, not minding two men and a Shadowcat in front of her. He smiled. "A girl should answered a man with 'Valar Dohaeris'."

Hermione just stood there, speechless. "I..."

"What do you want?" Oberyn asked harshly after unseathing his poison coated dagger, holding it close to his body as they don't want to incited panic on the busy market, but ready to stabbed it into the man's body should the need arises.

"A man has need with a girl. A girl has to follow a man to the God's house."

Oberyn scoffed, his bravado coming back. "What? So you can kill her? Well, sorry to disappointed, but you have to kill me first."

"A man wasn't here to give a girl the gift."

"Then what do you want?" Oberyn said impatiently.

"A girl need to follow a man to the God's house to find out."

"Like hell-"

"Oberyn, stop!" She warned. She then look at the man. "Do you swear that no harm will come to me if I followed you?"

Oberyn gasped. "Maya!"

"A man swear no harm would come to a girl." The man answered, ignoring anyone other than Hermione.

"Then, fine. I'll follow you." She decided.

"But-"

"Come, then. A girl shouldn't waste more time." The man said, turning and walk in different direction. Despite Oberyn protest, she followed the man, keeping their distance.

"Maya, are you sure? He's dangerous!" Oberyn hissed at her.

"What choice do I have? I don't think he would give up, so I thought it's better to just get it over with." She hissed back. Oberyn grumbled, Edric was silent, and Crooks look wary, but still, they followed the man to a building not too far from where they met the man. The House of Black and White.

The man waited in front of a massive door, leaning against it. As soon as they got closer to the door, he gestured at them to stop. "A girl's brother and a girl's shield stay outside. Only a girl and her pet could come."

"What?! No way! Come, Maya, let's just get out of here!" Oberyn shouted, almost hauling her out of there. But she held her ground.

"Oberyn! I won't go alone. He said I can go with Crooks. He'll protect me. Besides," she whispered. "I've got my magic."

"But-"

"Please, Oberyn. I can feel that it's important for me to go."

He looked conflicted, and she knew from his body language that he rather hauled her arse far away from here than letting her enter the building. "Fine! Just... be safe, alright?"