Lightbulb

Seraphina was reminded that aside from that man who caused her death. There are still those ungrateful people his kind grandfather took in but kept causing troubles. Thinking of it, Seraphina had the urge to recover as soon as possible to teach those people a lesson they'll never forget.

5 days have passed since the day Seraphina first had a stroll with Liam Jin. Aside from her rehabilitation, Seraphina would spend an hour or two in the healing garden accompanied by Liam Jin.

In her previous life, she had a year of peace that made her felt that she was overthinking things. Thus, she gradually lowered her guard. Little did she know that that was the calm before the storm. After a year of tranquility, her impending doom soon hunted her down. She was like a jinx that anyone she had interacted with ends up dead.

Hence, her recovery was her top priority to placed her chess pieces ahead of time. Though she had a 'cheat engine', Seraphina can't merely change the fact that that man would go to such extent to make her life a living hell. Yes, She could evade her upcoming nightmare but what would happen if she evades their first attack? Would that change their next move? Seraphina didn't want to gamble about that matter. All she knew is she needs ammo if she was going to war. She needs to get stronger. She needs power and resources.

"..Ms. Yue?" Liam frowned noticing Seraphina looked tranced.

"Ms. Yue?" He repeated. Startled. She turned her gaze to Liam with a questioning look.

"Uh?"

"I wonder what's on your mind whenever you're in trance?" Liam Jin asked. It was normal for a person who'd been in a coma to be in a daze but whenever Seraphina was deep in her thoughts, he always felt uncomfortable. She emits a different aura and seemed a different person whenever she was immense in her thoughts. Although she still acts her old-self just like in his memory. He still felt something changed. He just couldn't pinpoint what it is so he shrugged it off as he thought he was overthinking things.

For the past week, Liam and Seraphina got a little closer. So it's not a surprise for her if Liam notices something in her As she knew Liam was an observant person. To cover up her trail of evidence, Seraphina blurted out.

"I was just wondering what kind of person I was." After experiencing hell, Seraphina is much collected and didn't bother the suspicious look on Liam's eyes. Liam nodded as if he understood.

"You are an amazing person." With Liam Jin's usual gentle tone, he smiled.

"Ah?" Seraphina was confused. As much as she knows they really aren't close. They were schoolmates in high school and met once in a social gathering. But they barely exchanged a few words with each other. So how can he say, I am an amazing person? Did he just want to comfort me by saying that?

"We are actually schoolmates in high school. You were a freshman while I'm in my junior year. We weren't really close but I always admire your genuineness ." The twilight sun ray hit his face that made him look extra charming. A gentle smiled plastered on his face as if he unlocks an achievement quest.

After half a minute of appreciating the beauty standing beside her. Seraphina nodded as a sign of understanding about their connection. Out of habit, she blurted out a shameless remark.

"I see. So you had a crush on me." She smiled brightly showing her cute deep dimple. Liam was stunned to her sudden remark. He coughs lightly before he spoke.

"I —I think we should get inside." As if he was embarrassed Liam Jin swiftly got a hold of her wheelchair then wheeled her inside the facility.

Seeing Liam's ear turned red and being shy about her nonsense remarks, Seraphina suddenly heard a 'ting' of a lightbulb on her head as she had an idea.