promise

flavor:

»sweet«

the weather is nice today. sun peeking up behind the clouds and winds blowing softly in the air. the play ground surronds by laughters of children and parents yelling to their kids to be careful not to trip.

the two five year old, taehyung and jeongguk are on the side sitting on the grass, as taehyung makes a bracelet out of some flowers and jeongguk looking at him amazed by how the other can do a bracelet with flowers. taehyung and jeongguk are always the playmates whenever they visit the playground and they called each other best friends because of that.

"wow. that's awesome, taetae! can you show me how to do that?"

the little kid jeongguk said as he tilts his head, still looking at the bracelet taehyung is making.

"of couwse, ggukie! com'ere! it's so pretty wight? let me teach you how to do it."

the other said as jeongguk sat beside him as he show step by step on how to do the bracelet. once jeongguk got the hand of it, they both made the same color and design.

"woooow. you so good, ggukie! you fast learner! its so pwetty."

the giggling taehyung said as he scan the bracelet jeongguk did woth amazement in his eyes, finding it more beautiful than what he made. jeongguk taught taehyung look cute and pinched his cheeks unconsciously.

"awwwie! ggukie, taetae hurting!"

jeongguk realized what he is doing and took his hands away at the poor whining child. taehyung already teary eyed and jeongguk noticed it. he hugged taehyung immediately, whispering apologies.

"sowwie, taetae. ggukie is sowwy. pwease don't cwy."

taehyung calmed and hugged jeongguk back. placing his head on the crook of jeongguks neck.

"it'sh okay ggukie. taetae is not cwying anymow."

they let go of each other while taehyung wipes his tears with his sweat paws and jeongguk fiddling with his fingers. still feeling guilty at the sudden action he did earlier.

"hey, ggukie. wook at taetae."

the aforementioned little kid looked at his bestfriend, with a little pout on his lips.

"it'sh okay, kookoo. taetae ish okay now. just pwomise me, never hurt me again like that."

"i pwomise, taetae. ggukie will pwotect you from now on. pinky pwomise?"

"pinky pwomise!"

jeongguk held out his pinky finger and taehyung intertwined it with his pinky finger too.

"if you are the one who will pwotect me then ggukie, you should be the one i will mawwy too. i want to be pwotected fowever."

jeongguk paused for a second and put his pointing finger on his temple, a gesture like he is thinking very deep.

"ish it okay for a boy and a boy to get mawwy, taetae?"

"maybe? i don't know. i reawwy like you too, you look like a bun bun."

taehyung said while giggling and jeongguk looks at him with confused eyes.

"whatsh a bun bun, taetae?"

taehyung gasped exaggeratedly and looked at jeongguk with big eyes.

"you dont know what ish a bun bun? itsh an animal with big teeth and big eyes. they are sho cute, like you."

"oh! bunny! yesh, my mommy also say that too."

before taehyung can even reply, jeongguks mom already called him up and telling him they already need to go. making both of the young children whine and pout.

"i have to go now, taetae. let'sh just see another tomowow."

jeongguk got up, ready to leave but taehyung held his wrist making him stop.

"wait, ggukie! pwomise me to mawwy me first when we gwow up!"

jeongguk giggled and stick up his pinky finger again.

"okay, taetae. i pwomise to mawwy you when we gwow old!"

taehyungs eyes lit up and got even more excited than before.

"and have kids?!"

"how will we have kids, taetae?"

"i don't know, ggukie. maybe we will buy them at the store? or plant them?"

"so are you saying they just bought us fwom the stores?"

taehyung blinked his eyes and shook his head frantically.

"omg! no! lets just fowget about that right now, ggukie. what'sh impowtant ish you pwomised to me."

jeongguks mother called for his son again and walked up to the two, noticing his son is taking too long to say goodbye to his friend.

"hey baby, we need to go now. taehyungs mother is also coming to pick him up. say goodbye to him quickly now."

jeongguk nodded and obeyed his mother.

"goodbye now, taetae. shee you tomowow!"

"bye bye, ggukie! don't fowget your pwomise!"

they waved each other good byes as jeongguks mother lead his son out of the playground and after a while taehyungs mother walked up to his son and got home.

the two might be young at age and a little silly for they are just only kids but they already found something significant with each other, just hope that they will bring their promise forever.

words: 813