ix;

Renjun's encounters with the Zhong family did not go unnoticed by the public. And Renjun's rising popularity didn't go unnoticed by Jeno and Donghyuck. There were countless rumors about the chinese pair dating, but the two never confronted the public about it. Which led to the two baristas to feel like they weren't worthy of Renjun's trust.

Renjun noticed the cold behavior as he rented a room to paint, but thought nothing of it, thinking they were just stressed or having a bad day. As the youngest Zhong boy walked in, Jeno and Donghyuck feigned ignorance, being the petty people they were. As he stepped up to the counter to order, Jeno sighed.

"What can I get for you?" 

The boy told him his simple order, ordering it to go. 

"Name?" Jeno asked.

The boy looked slightly taken aback, but quickly recovered. "Chenle."

Jeno rolled his eyes at his reaction. He acted as if no one had ever forgotten his name or had to ask for it before. Typical rich kid, though, right? Jeno sighed once again, writing his name on the cup. He considered spelling his name wrong on the cup, but decided that it was too easy a name to spell and it would definitely look intentional. As Chenle went to sit and wait, Donghyuck snatched the cup out of Jeno's hand, copying the drink instructions onto another cup, then throwing the original away.

"What are you doing? Spelling their name incorrectly is like number one in the book of pettiness." Donghyuck smiled and wrote 'Chenla' on the cup. Subtle enough. Jeno rolled his eyes, but said nothing to the boy. He quickly made the drink and handed the boy his cup.

"Thanks for coming, come again!" Jeno said as he walked out the door.

"Or don't." Donghyuck said with a bitter frown.