Chapter 7: You're Annoying

Lauren's POV
So we've been in the car for a few minutes and he hasn't said anything. It feels weird. As much as I always tell him to shut up, it feels weird when he actually does.

I'm just on my phone trying to pass the time and then he finally breaks the silence.

"Are you ok? You seem very tense," he said.
"Maybe because I feel awkward right now," I told him.
"Why do you feel awkward?" he asked me.
"Maybe because I hate silence. And the reason for that is because silence makes me feel awkward," I informed him.
"Oh sorry. I thought you needed some time to think in your head," he said. What?
"What do you mean?" I asked him.
"You seem like there's a lot of thoughts going through your head right now. I just thought you needed space," he said.
"Oh. Well, I'm fine now, I guess," I said.
"Why do you say, 'I guess'? Is there something bothering you?" he asked me. Yeah, the annoying bitches that I live with.
"Nothing is bothering me," I lied.
"Are you sure?" he asked for reassurance.
"Yes, I'm fine. Anyway, are you going to tell me now where you are taking me?" I asked him and once again with the fucking smirk.
"Nope, you have to wait, princess," he said.
"Oh c'mon. Just tell me already," I whined.
"You know, you're very impatient," he laughed.

Oh really? I had no idea. Note the sarcasm.

"Oh really, I haven't noticed," I said in the most sarcastic tone ever and that made him laugh. I'm gonna be honest, his laugh his kind of cute. But I'll never tell him, he'll never let me hear the end of it.
"You're really funny," he said.
"Thanks," I said to him. I was about to say something else, but I was interrupted by the sound of my phone going off.
"Who's calling you?" he asked me. I checked the contact and it was Natasha. Ugh! Leave me alone, bitch. Once I declined the call, I finally answered Alex.
"Oh, that was no one," I lied. That was my bitchy foster mom who probably wants to yell her brains out to me.
"Are you sure? You seem angry. I'm getting the feeling that you hate the person who called," he said. What? Me hate Natasha? That's crazy! Note the sarcasm.
"It's no one, Alex. Can you just drop it?" I asked him sounding a bit annoyed.
"Alright, fine," he agreed.
"Thank you," I said. Then I turned to look out the window. And in the corner of my eye, I can see him glance at me a bunch of times. "Keep your eyes on the road jerk!" And then he laughed.
"I am," he argued.
"I can see you staring at me," I tell him.
"Can you blame me? I have a beautiful girl in my car with me," he said. And then blush crept onto my face. Goddammit.
"Thanks, Alex, but you probably say that to any girl to just get their attention," I said.
"I'm gonna be honest with you, you're right but the difference between those times and now, I'm being genuinely honest with you. Sometimes I just say it to girls to just get a hookup if I'm bored," he said.

I don't know what to say. Why is he being so nice? And I don't know if I should believe him.

"Ok, I don't know if I should believe you," I told him truthfully.
"You can, Lauren. I wouldn't lie to you," he tells me. He then grabs my hand and my heart starts racing.
"Maybe you s-should stay f-focused on the r-road," I stuttered. What the fuck is he doing to me?
"As you wish, princess," he said with a smirk.

He drove for about 10 more minutes and he pulled up to a grocery store parking lot.

"Really? A grocery store? This where you decided to bring me to? What are we going to go ham on snacks?" I joked.
"This isn't the final destination. We are going to get snacks, but they're for where I will be taking you. So c'mon let's go," he said while getting out of the car.
"Ok," I said.

I got out of the car and we went inside. He grabbed a cart and he was driving it while I was walking next to him.

"So what are we going to get?" I asked him.
"Anything you want. Any snacks you want, I got you," he said to me.
"Are you sure?" I asked him.
"Yes. I want you to have fun tonight. Now c'mon let's buy some snacks," he said. Ok then.