Someone Like You pt. 1 - Crutchie X Reader

My sweet smol baby bean deserves his own happily ever after and you guys deserve an adorable boy with a smile that spreads like butter. So here you go :)

This one ended up way longer than intended, so I'll have to make it multiple parts. If you like these chapters, please consider leaving a like and some comments. Enjoy!

-:-:-:-

You pulled your coat tighter around yourself. It wasn't safe for a woman to be out alone at night, but it wasn't like you had a choice. The owners of the small shop you had been hiding out in for the past few weeks had finally discovered your unwelcome presence and had promptly kicked you out, banning you from the shelter you so desperately needed.

Fine. Whatever. You were fine on the street. As long as you could find a place to sleep that wasn't too soaked in waste water... as well as far away from any potential danger.

As you speed walked through the streets, you heard a scuffle in an alley a few buildings ahead of you.

You heard punches and grunts and laughter. Oh no. See, this is what you were trying to avoid...

Not wanting to endanger yourself, you promptly turned around. Yeah, you could put up a fight, but only against one attacker.

...But then what kind of person would you be if you left a person to get beat to a pulp? They might even die.

You wouldn't be able to forgive yourself if you let that happen.

You ducked into an alley and pressed yourself back against the wall. Yes, you wanted to help, but you also didn't want to end up dead. Best to form a strategy before diving right in.

"And stay down, crippled little piece of garbage." You heard from the alley.

You froze.

These donkey butts were beating up a DISABLED PERSON?!

That's low. And so, so messed up.

"Oops." there was a loud snap. Oh gosh. You prayed that wasn't a bone.

"Sorry, did I bust up your crutch? Heh... You know, your name is right on the dot. Crutchie. Crutchie the Cripple who can't do nothin without bein a burden. I bets that Snyder will be thrilled that we got rid of you for 'im. Won't have to sully up the Refuge with garbage like you."

These little...

Determined, and now very angry, you felt around in your pockets for something that could help. Your hand landed on a thin, cylindrical metal object.

You smirked. Perfect.

You pulled the whistle out of your pocket and blew into it as loudly as you could.

The ear splitting sound rang through the muggy midnight air. After the reverberations faded, not a sound was heard on the street.

"Is there cops round here?!" One mugger cried.

"We can't gets caught, I can't go back to jail!" A different, but also manly voice answered frantically.

"Whatever. The punk's learned his lesson. Let's get outa here before they finds us." The first voice growled. You heard two sets of footsteps dash away, leaving the poor soul they were torturing in the alley.

You heard groaning from the alley, but you forced yourself to stay in your hiding place for a little longer to make sure that those goons from earlier were actually gone.

You couldn't exactly help this person if you were also knocked out.

After thirty seconds, however, you couldn't hold yourself back any longer. You bolted towards the source of the painful grunts, mentally preparing yourself to see the shape the person was in.