Truth Revealed

The noise emanated down the hallway, all the way to the kitchen where Hilda gripped a mixing bowl. She stared blankly ahead, mixing the contents.

"Must be some fight they're having this time." Ambrose cheekily grinned.

"Yes. Quite a fight." Hilda nervously giggled.

It was the same thing every time. They'd emerge from a room in the mortuary, dismissing the previous noises as some sort of squabble. A poor excuse really that no one in the household believed; but also didn't care to challenge.

The faint noises that had made their way up to her room earlier were not an unusual sound in the Spellman house. What Sabrina did find unusual, however, was seeing Ambrose already sitting in the kitchen as she assumed he was still passed out somewhere from exhaustion.

"Hello love. Sit down, sit down! Just whipping up a nice fresh batch of cookies." Hilda called as she placed a tray in the oven.

Sabrina noticed a hint of nervousness in her aunts voice.

"Is everything alright?" She asked curiously.

"Oh, yes dear. Just your teacher, Mrs. Wardwell.. or um, whatever she is, stopped by and she's just havin' a little argument with Zelds. Ya know. Those two. Makes me nervous when they fight.." Hilda trailed off with a little laugh.

"What's she doing here at this hour?" Sabrina asked with confusion.

"Auntie Z by the sounds of it."

"Ambrose!" Zelda warned as her and Lilith burst into the kitchen.

Hilda quickly turned back to the oven as Ambrose tried to stifle a grin.

All eyes were on Zelda as she took her normal seat at the table and relit the half smoked cigarette that was still in her holder.

"What are you lot staring at?" She asked with annoyance, taking a hearty drag from her cigarette.

"Is everything okay?" Sabrina asked cautiously.

"Why wouldn't things be okay?"

"It's just that Aunt Hilda mentioned that you two were having a fight -" "Cookies are done!" Hilda interrupted as the timer dinged.

Zelda frowned in Hildas direction. "Just a little disagreement over church of night... stuff... that's all."

Lilith internally cringed as she listened to Zelda poorly trying to excuse the truth away.

Zelda lit a fresh cigarette. Hilda busied herself with cleaning up. A number of minutes passed in awkward silence, cigarette smoke hazily clouding the air.

Hilda set a tray of neatly piled cookies on the table. "Made us some nice fresh cookies. Go ahead. Eat up loves."

"Actually, a cookie sounds great. I'm absolutely famished." Lilith smiled, reaching out for one of the cookies. Even though she preferred the taste of male flesh, this mortal body seemed to be obnoxiously in need of regular sustenance.

"I bet you are." Ambrose grinned.

Zelda shot Ambrose a stern look before turning to Lilith.

"Don't eat that."

"Why not?" Lilith asked a bit taken aback.

"Satan knows what's in those." Zelda scoffed, half expecting it to be laced with some sort of truth potion.

"Chocolate chips." Hilda nervously said with a smile.

"Well I'll have one." Sabrina quipped.

"Sounds delicious." Lilith smiled as she took a large bite of the cookie, much to Zeldas dismay.

A few more minutes passed in silence as Hilda poured everyone cups of tea.

"Perhaps I should be going, it's getting late." Lilith said, interrupting the silence.

"Yes, that would be best." Zelda said, getting up to see her out.

"Why were you here so late anyhow?" Sabrina asked.

Lilith turned around and Zelda saw an evil grin spread across her face.

"Your aunt was worshipping me like the good little witch she is."

Zeldas mouth dropped. "OH FOR SATANS SAKE!" She huffed.

"Oh c'mon Zelds." Hilda quietly interjected. "We all know the difference between fighting sounds.. and, well... those sounds."

"To be honest Auntie Z, I thought Ambrose was hosting another orgy in his room." Sabrina shrugged trying to normalize the situation.

Zeldas eyes went wide. "SABRINA!"

Both Lilith and Ambrose tried to stifle amused laughs. Lilith stepped behind Zelda, wrapping her arms around her waist. Zelda could feel a flush of embarrassment creep across her skin.

"It's okay Zelda. It's the delicious will of the dark lord to enjoy pleasure. It's... normal."

"We all assumed you were dating anyhow." Ambrose casually added as he reached for another cookie.

They hadn't exactly been careful. Claiming she was off to church meetings and not returning home until morning. Lilith frequently wandering into the Spellman home asking if Zelda was around. She sighed, removing Liliths arms from around her waist.

"No sense in leaving at this hour. You might as well stay the night." Zelda said pointedly as she reached for another cigarette.

"Goodnight Aunties. Ambrose. Lilith." Sabrina said with a smile as she headed back to her room.

"Goodnight love." Hilda said as she finished cleaning the kitchen. "Goodnight Sabrina." Zelda and Lilith said in unison. "Goodnight Cousin." Ambrose said as he got up to head back to the embalming room.

Zelda put out her cigarette. Lilith grabbed hold of her free hand, lacing their fingers together. "Shall we?"