Chapter 9: Jealousy

After the events that transpired earlier today I felt pretty good even though my body looks absolutely beat up with all these scars.

"So about the scars"

"You went a little insane back then and you went at the enemies head on"

"Well better than being dead, thanks to all of you"

As I say that, Koneko comes down from upstairs.

"Hey, do you have a sec?"

"Sure"

"Ill be right back" I wave at Rias, Akeno, and Issei.

I follow her out the back door to the porch.

"About what happened earlier"

"Oh yea, im sorry about just walking in like that. Truthfully I don't know how I got there"

"What do you mean?"

"Well the last thing I remember was being out there in the battle field"

And talking to my mother.

"It doesn't matter how you got there, what I'm trying to get to is don't do that again or I'll punch you in the gut. Whatever happened it never happened, okay?"

"Sure"

Hearing those words FELT like a punch in the gut. Did I do something to anger her. I don't know. Women.

She walks back in after the conversation but I stay behind. I go to the field before laying down on the grass. It's Saturday so I don't have to worry about school for now. I lay back under a tree, listen to the birds chirp and the wind's breeze hit my face. Everything feels calm for once in my life. I think back to what my mother told me.

"Logan's Last Wish"

I keep thinking about it. It's meant to protect one person only from what I understood and I already wasted it on someone who I seem to annoy.

*sigh*

Im still trouble understanding how I got there. That's when I heard footsteps coming towards me. I look up to see Xenovia.

"Hi Y/n, what are you doing laying down on the grass"

"Hi Xenovia, I'm just laying down, thinking about stuff"

"Mind if I join you?"

"Sure, go ahead"

She goes to lay right next to me.

"So what's on your mind, I heard you had an amazing morning" she teased.

"It's not what you think, I just happened to wake up there. I don't know how I got there"

"I heard you said that she called you there"

"Yea, I heard her voice while I was unconscious"

"Well... When I went to lay her down I did hear her say something"

"What did she say?"

"She said, Y/n dont leave me"

I was shocked at hearing her say that. She didn't want me to leave. Wow. Wait stop it Y/n, maybe she just felt bad with what happened and she didn't want us to die. But then again who would want to see one of their friends die. Wait are we even friends? This is too much to process.

As I was busy in thought I felt something rest against my arm.

"Uh Xenovia, what are you doing?" she was laying her head on my arm.