Prologue ✔

Not even one of the whole Pack's eyes held happiness even though they had won the battle with the vicious Rogues, who are said to be terminating all the potential packs in the east European countries. Some cried for their family. Some cried for their friends' but all of them cried silently for one in particular. They cried for the loss of a 17-year-old girl whom they neglected, abused and left to live on her own in the pack.

It might not be that sad if she was killed by any Rogue as she never mattered to them. But her death was not a consequence of the war.

It was a SUICIDE.

She did it intentionally, so she could live in peace at last and let them get rid of the ugly life that they thought of her as.

She killed herself so she could get her freedom from the people, who made her sleep with hunger most of the nights, who never acknowledged how lonely she felt, who never remembered her birthday, who never cared about how weak she was.

She walked into the blazing fire, as they watched her. They can feel her death through their connected minds. The image that can never be taken out of the Pack's heart.

One played the most part in her act. Her mate.

"I, Magnar Sullivan Black, Alpha of the Silver Crest pack, Reject you, Catlyn Ava Smith, as my mate and future Luna of this pack."

His rejection was the last words that she heard from him, weeks before her sacrifice.

~*~

Author's note:

1. English is not my first language. So you might find grammar mistakes.

2. In most of the chapters of this story, you can see both the past and present situations. For you to understand it, let me make it clear.

→The past will be in italics

→The present will be written normally.

3. Apart from it, thoughts of the characters might also be in italics sometimes. However, you can easily identify it.

Edited on: 11-04-2020