The trial ✔

PAST - 10 years before.

Janet, Zach and the little girl were taken to the Pack prison, while the Alpha was taken to the Pack's doctor. After finding nothing wrong with him physically, yet he was in the state of unconsciousness, the doctor, suggested for the Beta of the Pack Kaden O'Brien, to contact a Healer.

The Healer came soon only to find a strange spell of the Alpha.

"It's magic," the Healer whispered.

"So undo it," Kaden urged.

"I-I can't," the Healer stuttered.

"What do you mean by you can't?" Kaden asked in an intimidated tone.

"It's a protection spell. From something that can be of danger to the one who wears it."

"Who wears what?" Kaden asked losing his patience.

"Whom did he meet before this happened?" the Healer turned towards Beta Kaden.

He thought for a second and said," A little girl."

"Can you let me see her?"

Beta Kaden nodded with hesitation and lead the Healer towards the prison cells where the little girl was held. He let the guards open the door only to find the little girl sleeping peacefully as if nothing happened.

The healer bent forwards and inspected the chain around her neck. She slowly unhooked the link and pulled out the chain. Soon they left the prison and went to the Alpha's office.

"It's a crystal found deep inside the ocean. They can store a protection spell. But-"

"Go on."

"But it can't be done without sacrifice."

The Beta's eyes widened. "Then..."

"It's black magic."

~*~

Few minutes before the Crescent moon pack, caught Janet and her son along with the little girl.

Janet looked at her son and said softly, "Zach, will you please go around and look if anyone is her."

"O-okay," said Zach and unlinked his hand from the little girl. He turned and looked around. As Zach left with slow steps, Janet glared knew what she had to do.

But Janet grabbed Catlyn's hand and said, "Stay."

As Zach left with slow steps, Janet glared at Catlyn, who was looking at her aunt with a confused face. She sat on her knees and wiped the small hair on Catlyn's forehead. She then took Catlyn's face into her hands and said in a sickly sweet voice, "Caty, your mommy died."

Catlyn's eyes widened in shock when she heard it. Even though she was a six-year-old, she could understand everything clearly. And so tears formed in her pretty eyes.

"No, no. Don't cry, baby!"

"Daddy?"

Janet tilted her head to the side as she remembered that she found near the same bust where she hid along with Zach and Catlyn.

"He died too."

"But mommy..."Catlyn stopped when Janet shushed her.

"Catlyn, you have to listen to me. Your momma is a bad woman. She..."

"No. My momma is not bad!" Catlyn said in a stubborn tone.

Janet narrowed her eyes and held Catlyn's arms tightly, shaking her when she did.