Chapter- 16 [A]

Shyam-ji.. Aap itna sab kuch kaise jaante hain? (Shyam-ji.. How come you know so much?)” Khushi asked astounded

Because I am the Dheeraj Kharbanda Arnav wants to meet, I'm the DK you're looking for so desperately!” Shyam revealed leaving the couple stupefied.

What do you mean you're DK?” Arnav asked surprised, How could this even be possible??

Shyam chuckled slightly “I know it is difficult  to believe, Almost impossible. But it is the truth Arnav and I have proofs too. My retina scan, My fingerprints, The statement of my employees.. I mean the employees of Kharbanda Constructions, I can present anything you ask for to prove it to you that I am who I say I am.” Shyam spoke confidently.

Arnav and Khushi exchanged glances, confused whether to believe him or not.

It seems you desperately need my help with something, The way you're hell bent on hunting me down. What is it Arnav?” He asked

If you know I need your help.. we need your help then why are you evading us for half of an eternity?” Arnav questioned

Firstly, I haven't known all along that You're trying to get in touch with DK, I came to know last week and I've been trying to talk to you ever since.” Shyam said

You talk like You and DK are two different entities and want us to believe that you're the same person” Arnav said confused.

Shyam or Rather Dk smiled “DK and Shyam are indeed two different entities Arnav, Just like Arnav Malik and Arnav Singh Raizada are two entirely different people. Kharbanda name has given me everything Arnav, Fame, wealth,  recognition, Everything that I did not ask for, Everything I did not want. All I wanted was a peaceful life, A family I could cherish. Shyam Manohar Jha gave me all of that, everything I ever wanted.” Shyam said.

But that isn't the point here, The point is why did you want to meet me?”  Shyam asked curiously.

My father had worked with your family trying to make a name for himself in the industry you now happen to rule-

He was a liar, Your father was a lying ba***rd. If working hard on making it big in the construction business was what you think he was doing all those days he was out of town away from you and your family then you're wrong Arnav. He didn't want to make no name for himself in the business. He was a lucknowy royal, the owner of an unending fortune written on his name by his forefathers, He needed not to work in order to provide his family with facilities that you enjoyed. It was all.. just inherited by you.” Shyam explained.

I was told that my father came in contact with your family while trying to venture into the construction industry. I was told that he was regularly in contact with your family.

He was indeed in contact with our family, but not because of the reasons you think. Arvind Mallik was never the kind of person to whom loyalty was something valuable. He was.. was not a one woman man. Girls.. were a commodity for him.. A piece of flesh, just meant to satiate his lust. He had done it a countless times, Sometimes the girls retaliated, They filed cases against that man but none of it actually reached the boundaries of Sheesh Mahal because of the power and the authority that your family enjoyed in that area, Unfortunately my sister caught his eye as well on one of the weddings he had attended on the behalf of the Royal Family of Lucknow-Malliks.” Shyam said, His eyes closed tightly, A lone tear escaped his eyes.

Your sister?” ArShi exclaimed.

Diksha Kharbanda, She was called. Jiji was my father's backbone. The backbone of Kharbanda Group. She was.. shrewd, intelligent, Intellectual, practical, Everything a thirty  years old businesswoman should be like. She was not exactly the kind of girl who could fall for the charms of your father just like that and your father found that part really intriguing. Jiji was like a challenge to your father, A challenge he wanted to win at any cost.