Chapter 3

Nico was now in his own cabin alone with Will "Great" he thought to himself. "As if this couldn't get any more awkward".

Will set him down on the couch and asked: "Do you have any ice?"
Nico raised his eyebrows. "Do you think I have ice?"

Will turned around to go get some from his own cabin when Nico said: "It's in the mini freezer, on top of the mini fridge."
Will opened his mouth smiling in surprise as if he was about to say something but ended up just rolling his eyes playfully and went to get the ice.

Nico thought about how technically it was against camp rules for two campers of different parents to be in the same cabin alone. Then again this rule had been broken countless times, and people might actually be happy Nico had some company for a change.

Will came back with a ziplock bag filled with ice. "Elevate your ankle and put this on top" he ordered.

Nico squirmed around so that he was laying on the couch horizontally and his ankle was elevated on one of the armrests. The only reason he was doing it was to avoid another one of Will's "Doctor' s orders".

Will gently placed the ice pack on Nico's ankle. Nico winced at the contact of the cold on his skin. "I'll be fine. I'll heal." said Nico grumpily.

Will ignored the son of Hades' comments and grabbed a chair to sit beside him.

Nico didn't say anything when Will started playing with his black, greasy, hair intertwining it between his fingers. They maintained silence for a while, Nico liked the feeling of Will running his fingers through his hair and almost dozed off.

"Feeling better now?" said Will. Nico lifted his head to look at the son of Apollo and said: "Sprained ankles don't heal in five minutes."

Will smiled. "I thought you were one of the most powerful demigods, son of one of the big three, and couldn't be hurt from a stupid sprained ankle."

Nico huffed and said "I've suffered worse," as Will continued to run his hands through Nico's locks and said: "I know."

Nico smiled and closed his eyes, falling asleep to Will gently massaging his scalp.

+++

Nico woke up with a blanket on top of him, the ice off his ankle, and an empty chair next to him. He yawned and got off the couch to check what time it was. It wasn't until he had taken a few steps that he realized he could walk perfectly. Will must have used Apollo magic or something; either that or he really did heal overnight, which was unlikely.

He heard the horn blow signaling breakfast, so Nico quickly showered, changed and headed off towards breakfast.

When he arrived Will was already munching on some waffles. When their eyes met Will smiled without showing his teeth and nodded his head friendlily. Nico responded by slightly raising his hand and waving.

He got his waffles and sat down at the Hades' table by himself. Again.
He had just begun to chew on his first waffle when Leo appeared in front of him, his mouth so full that waffle was almost coming out.

He swallowed some of it, not all, and said: "Hey, uhm, Jason wanted me to let you know that Hazel and Frank will be back from New Rome in two days."

Nico barely understood what he had said with all the waffle in his mouth, but nodded. "Uhm, thanks."

Leo gave him a big thumbs up and tried to smile, but quickly realized it was a bad idea because some waffle came out of his mouth. Once Leo had walked back to the Efesto table Nico continued eating in silence until he had finished two untopped waffles and was full enough to go back to his cabin.