Chapter 1 - Parents & Problems

First of all, I'd like to dedicate this chapter to the WONDERFUL @stormyhale. She made this cover for me...can you believe it??? I am just soo amazed - thank you thank you thank you!

If you like this chapter vote & comment and all that jazz. Ok, I'll shut up now :P 

* * * * * * * 

No one really knows who I am. 

When people first meet me, the first thing that comes to their mind is, "Oh you're the daughter of - " and I could finish that sentence in my sleep. Yes, I'm the daughter of Rachel and Charlie Green. Yes, my mom is the one who discovered the cure for Rachinson's disease...a disease only found in children. Yes, my father is the one who wrote the famous, best-selling book "Parent and Child Relationships." 

As soon as people find out who my parents are, it's no longer about meeting me. It's all, 

"Tell your father that I read his book and loved it!" 

"Tell your mom that she is the smartest woman in the world! No one else has done anything like her in the field of medicne!" 

It's funny, both my parents' jobs are about helping people. But the one person who really needs their love and support is neglected in all the fame and work. My father knows the ins and outs of how parents should relate to their kids, but hasn't seen me in over a year. My mom helps cure children around the world, but she doesn't even have time to listen to my problems. 

No one, not even my own parents know who I am, or who I want to be. They love me, I know, but they already have my life planned out for me.  It was a simple and easy solution to their worries about me when they both first started their careers- I would grow up and either be a doctor or psychologist or something like that, and give back to the community. But they don't understand...that's their dream. 

No one even knows my secret dream, way down deep inside. Before, I couldn't let anyone know that I, Shaylene Marie Green, wanted to be an actress. 

But the time is up. The school year is over, and I think it's finally time for me to confess. I can't become like them. I have chosen who I want to be in this world.

* * * * * * * 

I sat uncomfortably in the back of the limo on the way from boarding school. I was still in my hot, stuffy brown uniform with my suitcase perched against my lap. In front was an older, bald headed man. He looked pretty chubby and had a scowl on his face...which he kept one the entiretime. It was going to be a long, long drive.. 

I opened the package that my Teacher Willis had left me. She had been my favorite teacher that year and the only person I was going to miss.

Inside was a photo of our class that year and her standing behind us. Ms. Willis, if you didn't know, is really tall and has long curly hair that flows down to her back. That day she was wearing a white blouse and a blue skirt,  I was standing slightly on the left with my arm around another girl...Ellie I think. One thing I sure was good at was pretending to be happy. I smiled and tucked the picture back into the box. As I put the picture back, my finger brushed up against a card. I pulled out the card. On the back, with long loopy letters, were the words "for Shaylene Green." I carefully opened it, wondering what could be inside. All that was inside though, was a little note. 

For Shaylene Green

Always Follow Your Dreams

The Best Summer and Love