Tears and Shopping Plans

"Shaylene?" Aunt Grace flicked on the lights. I didn't stir, still wanting to seem asleep. I was exhausted. My eyes were still big and puffy from crying and my entire face hurt.  I felt bad about it, but I didn't want to talk Aunt Grace. I didn't want to talk to anyone. 

I slowed my breathing as Aunt Grace tiptoed over to the side of my bed. She peered over and poked me. Then she waved her hand in front of my face. With a sigh, she walked out of my room and silently shut the door. 

I slid out of bed and tiptoed to the dresser. The entire room was foreign to me. It was a light blue color, with a queen bed with white sheets in the middle, a small closet and a door to the bathroom. It had Paris decor on the wall. My old room was pink and a lot larger. I felt so small and cramped here, like I was suffocating and could barely move. Eyeing the mirror, I could see plainly that I had stayed awake the whole night. Big bags were under my eyes, which were red from crying. Quickly, I turned away. I couldn't even face my own self. 

Aunt Grace knocked on the door rythmically. 

"Shay?" She began knocking again and reluctantly I opened it. She smiled. "I thought you were awake. Can I come in?" From head to toe she was dressed in blue, with a light blue jacket and white shirt, a darker blue skirt and blue high heels. I think she was planning to go somewhere. 

No, no, please no right now, I thought and nodded, stepping aside and sitting on my bed. Aunt Grace walked towards my bed and sat opposite to me. For along time there was an awkward pause, as if she was expecting me to say something. I shifted uncomfortably. 

"So," Aunt Grace said, breaking the silence, "can I tell you something?" I nodded. 

"I'm really glad that you're here Shay," she said quietly. "A writer's life is fun, but really lonely." She turned to me in such a way that I was forced to look at her. "I think we're going to have a lot of fun together. She looked into my eyes, as if she was searching for something. I looked down and there was another uncomfortable pause.

She got up abruptly and walked towards the door. She opened it and walked halfway through before spinning around. Her eyes twinkled. A smile played on her lips.

"Get ready in 5 minutes," she said. "We're going shopping."

* * * * * *

Honestly, shopping was the last thing I wanted to do. I wanted to stay at home and cry and cry. I didn't have the energy to do anything else. I had been hoping for such a long time to have a summer with my parents. I'd missed them so much, so much that my heart hurt to even think about them. They were probably having a blast in Paris. But after Aunt Grace's little confession, there was no way I could say no. After all, she was like me - lonely.   

A/N 

Ok so this was mostly a filler chapter. I feel so bad cause I haven't been on in like 4 EVER but life is real busy. I know you guys probably hear this a lot but what else can I say? I'm studying for a competition that possibly would give me the chance to go on TV which would be my big break into acting! YAY but for now I'm stuck with school and studying. Soooo yeah.......if you want more updates then please vote and comment and then I will try to be on more ok bye bye CIAO