Scene IV

SCENE IV

EXT - On A Major Road Near the Ocean, Day

(Krys is driving as she keeps glancing over to the ocean. Max follows and his eyes widen in disbelief.)

Max

"What the hell?"

(Out towards the horizon several dozens of Naval ships cover a vast stretch of water with several military choppers in the sky)

Krys

"We need to find out what is going on out there."

Max

"There is a commercial dock a few miles down this road. I know someone who works there. He may know something."

EXT - Lemoore Commercial Dock, Day

(The van slowly moves along a long dock where three large cargo ships are parked.)

Max

"Pull up to the small building with the "office" sign."

(Krys guides the vehicle to the building, and parks.)

Max

"Wait here."

(A second later, Max is out of the van, and into the office. Krys peers around as her fingers tap on the steering wheel to some imaginary music. Shaking her head, she looks down and pulls out her cell from one of her pants' pockets, and dials a number. She waits as it rings and rings on the other end, but no one picks up.)

Krys

"Damn it, Amelia, where are you?"

(She frowns at the cell before shoving it back into the the pant's pocket. A few moments later, Max returns as he sits back in the passenger seat and shuts the door)

Krys

"Well?"

Max

"There is definitely something going on out there. He said--"

Krys

"Who's this 'he'?"

Max

"My Uncle Bart. He's the manager of the dock."

Krys

"Got it."

Max

"He said a group of men in uniforms he'd never seen before came here late one night eight months ago with an unmarked boat. They paid him $20,000 to disconnect the security cameras for 48 hours, no questions asked."

Krys

(with an incredulous expression)

"What happened next?"

Max

"He won't say just that he hadn't seen them since. Whoever they were, wiped the security cameras clean."

Krys

"Did these men have any accent or anything?"

Max

"Yeah, they spoke with a distinctive accent, but none he'd ever heard of before so he couldn't place them. Three days later, all of this started up. Now things have gotten so bad, he's had to suspend all shipment activities."

Krys

(Glancing out of the door window towards the ocean)

"We need to get out there."

Max

(Smiling)

"That figures, and it just so happens I know of someone who might be able to help us.)

END OF SCENE IV