Chapter one

Waking up is hard. sometimes I just want to stay in bed not get up, not deal with the pain of the day ahead. I force myself up anyway. Hurrying to get out the door I grab a black shirt, blue jeans, and my checkered Vans.  I open the bedroom door just a crack, my dad is still asleep I hear him snoring. I walk to the bathroom and brush my teeth waving my hair, then putting it in a ponytail. 

  Walking downstairs I see my brother putting toast in the toaster, "Marie, Butter and jam or Nutella?"

  I shake my head, "I wish you would learn that toast and butter makes you fat, I'll take just toast please." As I say that the toast pops out. I walk over and grab one, take a bite, and wink. "Thanks, big bro." I walk out of the kitchen and out the front door. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  I pull up at Lakeside prep and see the everyday chaos of high school. I park the car in the nearest parking spot towards the main gate. I grab my bag and open the door.  this is where I belong I say to myself, With those who don't know my secrets. I walk through the gate and spot my friend Kim. She has those big blue eyes that speak innocence but you know its not true. "Kim, Chicka. How was your weekend?"

 She looks at me and says"Boring." Kim has been my friend for nearly five years when she first spotted the bruises on my arms. I still remember that day;

It was the beginning of the second semester, seventh grade. Christmas break was the first time I was ever hit by my father. I remember the yelling and him hitting my mom. I ran in front of her and told my dad "I'm calling the police." 

 He smirked " You little bitch! Do you really think they will believe you? A child?"  I shrank in fear. I didn't know, to be honest, I mean I was just a child. My father smiled. " Exactly."  He walked towards me, raising his hand.  I braced for the impact...

I stop myself from thinking of the pain. The blood afterward. I cringe, get it together. I say to myself.   "So Kim, have you seen Jake?" She looks at me.

"Last I saw him and his football buddies were heading towards the cafe." I nod.

"Kay, Thanks." I walk away from Kim to find Jake.  I walk into the main building, everyone looks at me and says hey. I smile and nod, not caring who they are because I was on a mission, a hunt, for Jake.

I smile as I enter the Cafe. I spot Jake sitting by the wall, alone. I walk over, " Hey." 

He nods " what's up?"

"How was your weekend? I'm sorry I couldn't make it to your game Friday, Congrats tho." 

He smiles "Thanks."  The bell rings. "See you at lunch?"

I smile" Of course." I kiss his cheek. "I love you."

"Love you too."

_______________________________________________________

A/N

What do you think so far. Sorry the chapter is short promise it will get longer. I'm writing this storry based off of a lot of things I went through growing up.Mostly. 

XOXO 

Mellissa