Chapter 2

When I walk into first period I can't help but have a smile on my face. I sit In my usual seat in the back next to the window. I spot Kim as she walks in and sits next to me. I smile up at her and she smiles back. The rest of the class is just sitting down when Mr.Hawford walks in.

"First period English is such a bore. Why are we always reading shitty Shakespeare and not like Harry Potter or something." Kim whispers to me.

I shrug " It's because they're muggles and don't believe in magic." Kim chuckles.

"What's so funny Ms.Jones?" Mr. Howard ask.

I cough under my breath "Muggles" I shake my head.

"Ms.Rose!" Mr.Howard yells. I look up and smile.

"Yes?" I ask sweetly.

"Meet me after class." I nod. Kim is sitting next to me cracking up. "You too Ms.Jones."

She pouts"But I have dance next period if I'm late I have to run laps." She says.

"Not my problem. Now if you excuse me I'd like to go back to Romeo and Juliet." I sigh.

At the end of class, me and Kim sit in our desk. Waiting to hear our lecture of being rude. "We honestly were just joking sir." Kim says.

"Well, I found what you did to be very rude." Mr.Hawford glances at us.

"I'm sorry," I say. "It won't happen again."

"Yea same," Kim says

Mr.Hawford looks at both of us."You are lucky I'm in a good mood or you both would have detention." I sigh, "Now get to class."

During lunch, I spot Jake sitting alone at his usual table. " Babe what are you doing? You can't be sitting alone."

"Why ever not?" He says with a smile.

"Being a loner is a thing babe and I won't date a loner. No matter how sexy he is." I push his hair back. He smiles.

Biting my lower lip I kiss him. I hear a cough and realize there is a teacher behind us.

"Sorry," I mumble under my breath. I sit next to Jake and smile. " So I was wondering if I could stop by later." Kim and Jake are the only people who know about my dad. Well I mean my brother too. My mom doesn't believe it happens.

He nods."Sure." I take a piece of popcorn chicken of his trey."Hey!" He says.

"What you gonna do about it?" I laugh as he jumps up.

"I'll show you." He smiles as he grabs my hand and pulls me up.I laugh, but just then the bell rings."Ah, saved by the bell."

I laugh. This is happiness, a luxury I only have when not at home. I love these people and I love Jake. "See you later." I peck his cheek and walk to class.