one ✌

Time was ticking. Every second, every minute, every hour, would be washed within a click of a finger and their wasn't anything i could do about it.

Chicago city, protected by gates after gates from human nature. Alliances were formed to defend this one city for survival. This was our life. This is my life. After the war, everything got destroyed. Nuclear bombs went off left, right and centre causing the planet be narrowed down to a certain amount of people. We were the only safe humans living on the planet, secured in this gigantic circle of bricks.

There was 5 Alliances. I was brought up in the 'Honesty' alliance. I told the truth and obeyed everyone; from the goverment orders to my parents orders i would fullfil the duty, honestly and carefully. This mostly included lugging heavy object around the city and making sure everyone had all the survival resources to survive.

The 'Bravery' alliance are like the police. They protect the whole city from crimes and destruction. They have guards who would be on look out, beyond the gates, till late morning. They are energetic and fun. They are carefree and want to enjoy the most of life. They liked the adrenaline pumping through their veins and the way their heart sped up running a mile trying to catch a thief.

The 'Intelligence' alliance are the brain-boxes out of everyone. They are the people who create new ideas to develop Chicago city and make it a more modern place with a lot more technology. The goverment funds everything for them, from their resourcss to their accomidation for the night. They were split down into various catergories. Lawyers, doctors, nurses, teachers, solicitors. The intelligent people had the proffesional and reliable jobs.

The 'Selflessness' alliance are the most vunerable people living in Chicago city. They are lower class people who do everything else for other people instead of themselves. Some chose to be selfless and some were forced into being selfless by parents. They would offer food to people with more authority than then even though they know that they are capable to buy their own lunch with the amount of money they had.

The 'Peace' alliance are the middle class working people. They give arguements and petitions on whether what the goverment is doing is right or wrong. In shorter terms, they are called the peacekeepers. They seperate the alliances to make sure feuds wouldn't start. These people would normally stay in their allience as a tradition so the peace ran through the family, throughout generations.

This is what i've been waiting for my whole entire life. Its been leading up to this moment.

I stood in the centre of Chicago, each fraction seperated all around me. This is it, my mind told me. It's time for the test, the test which determines which fraction i'll have to stay in for the rest of my life.