... And Then What?

Veiled underneath the morning mists, a ship glides into old Eldia's new harbor. This ship carries four passengers; three men and one woman, and a weapon of mass destruction.

___________________

Jean pushes his way through the murmuring crowd of soldiers. He elbows a young recruit and sees Floch turn his way with a serious expression.

"Move, out of the way!" he calls as he trudges forward. "Oi, move your ass moron!" He pushes a lumbering ox of a man to the side and comes up to his subordinate. Without a word Floch moves to the side to allow his passage. Jean steps out in front letting his eyes move across the scene in front of him. He stops dead in his tracks, hands falling to his sides. His long face widens and grows pale as he stares at the person in front of him as if he has seen a ghost.
_

_________________

Ilya Konstantinovich Titov inspects the men brought before him. Their eyes are downcast as if they are afraid to crumble underneath the weight of his scrutiny.

"They were caught trying to inform the tsar's men of the meeting place for our Naugard branch, my prince" Daria Shirinova says sternly before she steps down to await the prince's judgement. The prince contemplates this piece of information for a moment before he steps up to one of the men and beckons for Iris Holt to step forward.

"What would you have me do with these men?" he asks in his pointed, heavy accent.

"I do not know, my prince. Detain them perhaps."

"Detain them and risk having them escape? The people will say I have grown as soft as an old woman, just think of it. Detain them…" He laughs bitterly and puts the barrel of his pistol against the man's forehead.

"For the revolution" he says and pulls the trigger. Iris flinches as the gun goes off but she does not look away from the prince's eyes.

"For the revolution" she replies stonily.