T W E N T Y - O N E

based off 12.09
first blood

~*~

     Castiel looked at Juno as she was still sleeping soundly on the seat, her head leaned on his thigh. He'd driven all the way back to the motel, only to see that it was completely deserted. Like no one was ever there. He sighed, getting out of the car to call Mary. After a few rings, she picked up. 

     "Mary, where are you?" Castiel questioned. 

     "I-- I, uh... Lawrence, Kansas. Cas, what's wrong?" Mary asked him. 

     "Uh, uuh... well, I-I need you to meet me at the bunker," Cas said with a sigh. He turned, climbing back into the truck. As on instinct, Juno brought her head back up, leaning it against Castiel again. He smiled lightly, then began driving back to the bunker. By the time he'd gotten there, Mary was already inside waiting. Castiel slowly pulled Juno out of the car, carrying her into the bunker. Mary looked up at them, her eyes slightly widening. 

     "What happened to her?" she asked beginning to follow Castiel towards Juno's room. 

     "She drank," Cas answered with a sigh. "So I made her sober. Sadly, it's had some after affects." 

     "How long has she been asleep?" Mary asked. 

     "Seven hours," Castiel said as he set Juno down on the bed. He draped a blanket over her body, then stepped out. "We need to talk." 

          *****

     "You left them!" Mary shouted as she was pacing. 

     "No, I... Dean told me to go," Cas stuttered out. "The woman--" 

     "The one you lost?" Mary questioned as she faced Castiel. 

     "I didn't. I... I thought that she--" 

     "Stop making excuses!" Mary yelled at him. Castiel looked down shamefully, Mary letting out a heavy sigh. "Why... if they needed help, why didn't they call me?" 

     "You were out," Castiel answered her. 

     "How did we let this happen, Castiel?" Mary asked folding her arms over her chest. 

     "We?" They both turned to see Juno standing in the doorway. "I'm sorry, you clocked out. There's no we in this situation." 

     "Juno-" 

     "Save the mother voice for your kids. That ain't us. Now do you want to yell at Castiel and I some more, or do you want to figure out a way to get Sam and Dean out of prison?" Juno asked taking a few steps forward. Mary went silent, Juno nodding in approval. "Alright, then. I'll start working with my connections." The two watched as Juno turned and walked into the library, the work beginning. 

          *****

     Two weeks. It'd been two weeks since Sam and Dean were taken. Getting them back and getting in seemed to be the problem. Juno was beginning to cave to defy every oath she'd ever taken. Breaking the law was out of the question, she just needed to break the trust that her own colleagues had with her as a soldier. Only enough time to talk to Sam and Dean. 

     "For the last time, no," Castiel argued with Juno. 

     "Cas, it won't be for that long. A fifteen minute meeting with both of them. Ask them a few questions, get the intel that we need," Juno argued with Cas. They were currently in a small diner, arguing over whether or not Juno should go back undercover to speak with Sam and Dean. Castiel, of course, didn't like it. But, it was all they had.