Chapter 11 Fight

Kenshin's POV

She came at me her spear moving so quickly it was like an entire hive of angry bees coming at me all at once. I blocked the fair brunt of the attacks but some slipped through my defense and cut me in several places. One had gotten so close as to cut my cheek and warm blood started to run down my face.

She kept advancing, striking out with the long-bladed spear forcing me to back up. I already knew that she was leading me towards a wall to restrict my movement and if I didn't do something soon I would get impaled by her spear.

The little faceless girl was now screaming at the woman to stop but she was ignored as the woman continued her assault. Every strike and every step sent me closer and closer to the wall that would be my demise. I hadn't even been able to go on the offensive because of her quick stikes would just give me enough time to defend against it.

"I won't allow you to harm the princess Kitsune," she spat as her spear came in for another attack.

"I wasn't doing anything, I was helping her back to the main building," I said blocking the blade.

"Lies," she spat again. "You Kitsune think you can trick people with your sly tongues but your words won't have any effect on me". Her strikes only became harder and harder making my arm numb with pain and I was now several feet away from the wall.

The air around us began to get colder and colder it got to the point where I was shivering violently and my hands began growing numb with. And the intensity of the woman strikes kept increasing. Was she causing this? With her skill and her power, I was done for.

There was no way I could beat her if I kept it up like this, fighting fair wouldn't work. Well, I only have one trick up my sleeve. I quickly jumped backward and was now a few centimeters away from the wall, but before she could press forward to take advantage over it I threw out my right hand and summoned a wall of blue flames between us.

I quickly shook my tired arms and slowed my breathing, preparing myself for my offensive. From what I can tell the woman was a guard to the little girl who was a princess of sorts, so killing her wouldn't look good. Not a problem since I can't even fight her. Maybe trying to disarm her would be the best, getting close and grabbing the shaft of her weapon would probably be the best bet I had. That is if I can even get close enough to do that without becoming a shishkabob. Ok got a plan now it's time to go through with it.

I let the flames that had separated us down to a little simmer and rushed towards my opponent at an inhuman speed. She struck out again with her polearm but I dodged quickly to the side and grabbed it's shaft before she could pull it back. She struggled to try and wrench it from my grip but I held on strong and brought my sword up to her neck.

"Are you willing to listen now?" She answered my question right away by kicking my legs out from under me sending me to the ground. "Guess that's a no," I coughed as I arranged myself to a sitting position.

Only then did I take in the looks of my attacker, and she was beautiful. She had short icy-blue hair that ended at her jaw level, a stray lock covering her right eye. The one eye that showed was blue as the sky. She had beautiful porcelain skin that seemed to glow in the light of my foxfire. Her face even though it was written with anger was beautiful. She wore a light blue kimono that showed off her delicate figure.

You would never have thought she would be someone who could fight like she just did but despite her elegant looks and her clothes you could see it in just the way she held herself. She stood like a warrior confident and strong her polearm never wavered as she held it to my throat. 

Her face remained emotionless as she brought the spear back ready to strike.

It came forward, coming down like an executioners blade, ready to take life and was on a direct course to me I closed my eyes and hoped that it would be quick. And one final thought raced through my head... did I seriously take my time to goggle at this woman instead of trying to dodge out of the way or beg for my life.