Tears and Brotherly Love

"Minseonie, I've got fried chicken from your favorite chicken place, come set the table while I wash up!" Minjae called out as he set bags of said fast food down on their dining table, pulling his jacket off. It wasn't till he was in the bathroom washing his face that he realized his younger sibling hadn't answered him.

Peeking back out into the kitchen and dining room area, he noticed the bags right where he left them, untouched as they were never moved. Tilting his head slightly, a noise of confusion slipping past his lips as he briskly walked back to his room and changed into lounge wear before beginning to look for his sibling.

Minjae gently pressed his ear to the door of Minseon's bedroom to check if she was there when he could hear faint sniffling. He frowned, hearing what he deducted to be his younger sister crying and took his head off the door, gently rapping his knuckles against the wood.

"Minseon? Are you alright?"

"...yeah..."

"You don't sound so sure, can I come in?"

Minjae waited patiently, hearing shuffling on the other side of the door before the door gently creaked open. Taking it as his sign to come in, he shuffled in, shutting the door behind him as he watched his sister flop back onto her bed, throwing her face into her arms.

Frowning, he took a seat on the edge of her bed, putting his hand in her hair as he began to gently comb it trying to sooth Minseon, whose shoulders were shaking once more from the quiet cries she let out.

Minjae sighed, not liking that his sister at the age of fourteen, already looked so defeated.

"Minseon, what's wrong. Did something happen at the company today?"

It wasn't long after Minjae finished his sentence did Minseon break out into loud sobbing, recalling everything that had happened today from her dance class to the meeting with the boys, Dohyun, and Bang PD-nim.

⊱ ────── ⋆ ⌘ ⋆ ────── ⊰

"...and Jimin said he wasn't sure what to think of it and Bang PD-nim took his hesitance as a no and apologized and kicked me out of the meeting and now I don't know what I'm gonna do. I'm not good enough to debut as a solo, GLAM failed so they don't want to debut any girl groups soon and I lost my only chance at being in a co-ed group, all the girl trainees are being transferred or quit and-"

"Minseon! Take a deep breath! You're going to hyperventilate." Minjae said as he pulled his sister into a hug, rubbing circles into her back as she let her cry once more.

It didn't take long for the young girl to calm herself once more, having cried most of her tears out prior to Minjae's arrival, and was just red in the face as she sniffled and rubbed some snot from her nose with her sleeve. Minjae looked down, giving a soft yet sad smile as he grabbed a tissue from her nightstand, patting her eyes dry before rubbing her nose like he used to watch their grandparents do when she fell down from the stairs and cried her heart out.

Minseon flinched having not payed attention to what Minjae was doing but smiled feeling cared and loved for before weakly shoving his hand away. "I'm fine now, I'm fine now. You don't need to go that far oppa."

"I don't need to but I will because you're my baby sister and it's my job to take care of you and your snotty nose."

The young girl chuckled morosely at her brother's attempt to cheering her up and just nodded as she took the tissue from his hand and blew her own nose before tossing it across the room towards the trash.

Seeing this, Minjae used this time to speak up as Minseon had finally calmed down enough. "Listen Minseonie, I know that things are looking bleak right now but trust me when I say that things are going to get better. You have this energy, no, this aura that just surrounds you that just screams that you're going to do big things in life. If not now then later down the road. Maybe this is the universe saying that its giving you even more time to enjoy the simple things in life before you get swept away in all the fame."

Minseon just snorted at her brother's statement before finally feeling a bit better as she leaned her head on Minjae's shoulder, slightly nuzzling into it as she soaked in his warmth and comfort he offered her. "Thanks Minjae, this really helped me out. Sorry for, well, crying all over the place. I guess I've been stressed..." the young girl trailed off with a sigh as she willed her mind to not think of recent events.

Minjae just gave the young girl a sad grin as he rubbed her arm, as the two sat together and enjoyed the silence, the occasional honk from a car down in the streets breaking tranquility.

"Now do you want fried chicken or am I gonna have to eat it all by myself?"
"...I call both legs."

Minjae just chuckled, "You always get them in the end anyways no need to call dibs."

Minseon just chuckled weakly as she stumbled up and walked out the room leaving Minjae in her room. "I'm also calling dibs on the pickled radish."

"YAH, THAT'S NO FAIR!"
"I JUST CRIED MY HEART OUT LET ME LIVE MY LIFE"

Minjae just rolled his eyes sighing loudly in defeat as slight snickering could be heard from the kitchen.