Chapter 15

JOSH'S POV:

(The Christmas Party)

Jen comes out of the bathroom wearing a strapless red dress with a gold belt. She has on gold flats and put her hair in a high ponytail and curled it. I must have stared at her for awhile because she flashes her hand in front of my face and says "What?"

"Oh nothing you just look really good. And I'm surprised the dress still fits." She smacks my butt and says "Hey just cause I'm pregnant you can't call me fat!"

***

JEN'S POV:

Everybody had a few drinks-except me- and has opened gifts. I rock back and forth in a rocking chair on Josh's porch as I sip hot chocolate. I have a sweater on, but as a few wet snowflakes fall, I shiver. I hear the porch door open, and feel a blanket draped over my shoulders. My mom sits in the chair next to me and says "You looked cold and lonely so I decided to join you. You thinking about stuff?"

"Thanks, and yeah. Everythings just coming so quickly, and all at once. I just need to hit pause for awhile."

"So are you nervous about being a mom?" I think for a moment and say "Yeah, but I was more nervous at first. When I found out we weren't engaged, and I didn't think we would be anytime soon. Plus I didn't know what Josh's reaction would be. But now that everything is settled, I'm a lot more confident."

"Any wedding plans yet?" I pull the blanket tighter around my shoulders and say "Um yeah. I wanted to do it in the fall, but I didn't want to cut it too close to the Mockingjay Part 2 premiere. So I think we are going to do it at the farm in April. I don't want too many people, it should be more casual. I mean I want to get a dress and everything, but maybe just order some food from my favorite resturaunt in town. I wanted pizza but Josh said that was a bit too casual."

"Oh gosh Jen, you and your pizza. Listen call me when you're ready to go dress shopping."

***

(The Flight Home)

As we land at LAX Airport a security guard escorts us to out car and Josh starts to drive home. Josh drives right past the entrance to the neighborhood where my cozy little bungalow is. "Um Josh I think you missed the turn." He drives into the entrance of a gated community, and makes a left down a street called Surf Street. "I know, I meant to." He pulls into the driveway of a beautiful house. I can see a shimering pool in the back. There are palm trees in the front yard, and the house is painted a pretty light blue. "Oh Josh this is so amazing!" He picks up my suitcase and says "You haven't even see the best part yet!"