Chapter 12: Great Pretender

Anna didn't know what to feel after that night. They didn't talk about it. Anna doesn't have to ask to know what's going on.

They acted like nothing happened. Anna finds herself getting good with all the pretending and even able to convince herself that it was nothing but a dream.

Anna didn't want to lose her friend by pushing her away or pushing her to talk to her. It was a silent agreement that they always have. Something that only the two of them mastered together.

Anna always finds herself punching her frustrations away then smile again in front of others. She doesn't know how Macy can do it, or if she's having the same trouble but she doesn't care anymore.

It was nothing but a one night stand and Anna can only tell herself that she never regret it. It will be a good memory despite the pain it caused. It was a payment for all the pain she caused to others.

Anna started hanging out in groups rather than being alone with Macy. She wanted to play it safe for her own good. Anna didn't invite Macy in her apartment anymore and always hangout in Dean's dorm instead.

When a letter came that demands her back in the city. She didn't tell anyone.  She wanted to spend as much time as she could with her friends as she can. She started writing letters and poems for them. She even made some sketches for all of them.

Anna trusted Dean like Macy. Dean proved himself a trustworthy person so she decided to tell him about her pending departure.

"When are you going to leave?" Dean asked.

Anna sees disappointment in his eyes and she can't help but feel guilty.

Anna sighed. "A week from now."

"And you're other friends don't know you're leaving?"

"Yes, they don't know. It's hard for me to say goodbye."

"But you know they have the right to know...right?"

"Yes, I know. But I'm planning on telling them a few days before I leave. I just want to spend more time with them for now, without them asking many questions about me leaving." Anna explained, not really surprised Dean's question.

"Well. You're old enough to know what you're doing so... I guess I'll just wish you luck."

"Thanks, Dean. I'll never forget you, you know that."

"Of course I know. Same here. Keep in touch okay?"

"I will, I promise. I always keep my friends as long as they do the same."

"I know you do."

"So, want to get drunk?" Anna smirked.

"Hell yeah!"

Anna and Dean laughed and went out to buy some liquor and snacks. They both end up wasted when his roommates decided to join them and bought more alcohol.

When she wakes up naked beside Dean she's not surprised anymore and only laughs it out.

Apparently, someone saw Anna leaving Dean's dorm early in the morning and the rumors started again. Macy was away for 3 days because of some religious gatherings they have with her family.

Julia decided to nag at Anna about the rumor between her and Dean.

"What if it's true then, what's in it for you?" Anna snapped.

"We're just trying to protect you."

"Why? Because you all think that Dean's a player? Guess what, I am also a player."