𝟎.𝟑-𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐲 𝐢𝐬 𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐬.

nadia

"Why are you so nice to me?" I ask confused.

I'm such a bitch to him and he's so calm about it.

"I don't let your attitude effect me. I got more to worry about," He says as he continues to drive. "Why do you still ride the bus? Your like eighteen."

I don't know if I should tell him that. I don't want him knowing too much about me. That could backfire in so many ways.

"My car is in the shop," I lie. "And Raine got her car taken away."

"Oh. Well I can take you home everyday. I know you be hot as hell on that bus."

"Stop," I say. I hated how he was so nice.

"Stop what?"

"Being so fucking nice. Your suppose to hate me."

"I don't hate people."

I fold my arms and look at him, "Can you at least be a little mean to me?"

"So you don't want me to take you home everyday?"

"I mean I do but I don't want you to say you are."

"Nadia your trippin," he says as he drives into my driveway.

I don't reply. Instead I change the subject.

"Make sure you finish your part of the project."

He looks at me and nods his head. I get out the car and watch as he leaves.

The truth is, I feel weird when boys are nice to me. All my life I've been mistreated by guys. I just don't know how to react to it.

I go inside my house; no sight of my mom of course.

I've learned from everyone around me's actions. I try so hard to stay away from people that have anything to do with drugs or gang affiliated because it reminds me of my dead beat dad & addicted mom.

Every time I see Danny, I think of my dad and how he was in a gang. How he cared about his gang more than his own family. How he never came around. That's why I'm so mean to him; I see any member of any gang as someone who could care less about anyone but their partners in crime.

Most gangs sell drugs. Drugs that my mom buys. Drugs that my mom cares more about than me. Drugs ruin families and relationships. Gangs are the reason why.

Usually this is the part where I cut, but I suck it up and go upstairs into my room. Raine does random check ups on my arm so.

I check my phone and I have one message from Snapchat which is weird considering I have only one friend.

Oh, it's Danny.

ight so I'm confused

what's the cycle thing called?

the one with photosynthesis
sent.

the Calvin cycle-
read.

yeah thanks

wait I'm confused again.

which one makes atp
respiration or
photosynthesis?

ykw I'll just ft you
what's ur #
sent.

Ugh 772-926-2862
delivered.

How does he have such good grades when he doesn't even know simple Biology questions? I get a call from an unsaved number which I'm guessing is Danny. I answer to his face all in the screen.

 I answer to his face all in the screen

"Ew. Anyway what do you need help with," I say as I set my phone up on my desk.

"I forgot."

I look at him with a straight face.

He laughs, "I'm just kidding. I need help with chart thing," he shows me what he's written down so far.

For a good hour I helped him out but then one of his friends came in and he said he had to go.

I have to remember what this boy is capable of.