Flirt With Me Like We're Strangers

angela13 (ao3)

Jeongguk comes in every morning to order coffee and breakfast for himself before work, flirting shamelessly with the beautiful boy behind the counter while he awaits his order. Taehyung's co-workers wait for the show every morning and comment on Jeongguk, encouraging Taehyung to act on it.

Little do they know, the married sweethearts laugh at them every night, enjoying the little game they're playing a bit too much.

---

Whether it's a sunny and chilly morning, whether there's snow or rain, the same boy with raven hair, an earring and an endearing bunny smile comes in, with his hands in the pockets of his jeans, pants, jacket or shorts, comes to the counter and looks seductively at the barista, ordering black coffee and a pastry for breakfast.

The barista smiles, shies away or if he's feeling brave, flirts back and puts in the combo an extra chocolate bar or the best chocolate muffin he has at the moment. Sometimes they exchange a few words, sometimes they don't. If it's busy, they usually don't. But if it's not, the boy dares to speak and make even barista's friends blush.

"Aw, the boy's not here today," Jimin coos at Taehyung's down face and Taehyung makes a grimace with his tongue out at him.

"He's sick. It rained yesterday and he didn't bring an umbrella. He's so stupid," Taehyung says with stupid smile on his face. He opens the cash register to see if he has enough change, as a woman enters. He's always had the policy for the bakery-slash-coffee shop he owns to smell of coffee and pastry, to smell like home, to be warm and has that décor and atmosphere. That's probably why his business did good.

Jeongguk says it's because he has a heart that reeks of home. Taehyung smiles at that. Jeongguk was never really poetic.

"Well, a little flirting never hurt nobody, am I right?" Seokjin pats Taehyung's back and smiles at the lady, proceeding to offer her help with her choice. He praises Taehyung's recipe by the way and Taehyung just smiles at the back, shoving a plastic spoon into his breakfast, hoping that Jeongguk is okay. His cold is so bad; he had to call in sick.

"The boy is ba~ck," Jimin teases and leaves the spot, winking at Taehyung to take the spot and serve the boy.

"Black, and anything tasty and nutritious," the boy says, smiling at Taehyung and looking him in the eye, knowingly. Taehyung winks and turns to Jimin, but he's already making the coffee.

"So... can I recommend?" Taehyung asks, pushing the bangs out his eyes and twitching an eyebrow. The boy tilts his head and shrugs.

"I trust the master."

Taehyung chokes for a moment, blushing at the thought of last night and covers it with a cough and a fist over his mouth. "How about this? There's a lot of chocolate in there."

"Well, is it nutritious?" The boy insists, pretending not to see Jimin and Seokjin trying to eavesdrop and like he doesn't see Namjoon's head poking out the back.

"You don't need anything nutritious," Taehyung says, already putting the pastry in a paper bag. "You seem like you got a lot of loving nursing over the weekend."

"I did," the boy smiles and Taehyung turns around to take the cup from Jimin.

"Have a good day at work."

"Now I sure will," he says and leaves money on the counter, turning around to look at Taehyung once more before exiting and taking his way out.

"Tae?" Jimin asks, looking after the boy, as both Taehyung and Seokjin are, just standing there in awe.