When first meeting him

layunicorn

Jungkook's dating life is chaotic and Hoseok, his best friend, has enough of it. He settles a blind date for him with a friend of him Jungkook doesn't know.
He only gives Jungkook a name, and nothing else. Taehyung.

(or Taekook's first date, they meet, they like each other and Jungkook has to find a way to thank Hoseok at the end)

---

The sun is setting over the few trees on the street, light shining on the concrete under his feet, as Jungkook waits with his nerves on edge for his blind date to arrive.

Yeah, he's on a blind date. Him.

He knows, shocking , right?

He, the guy who's most happy when he can blend in the background surrounded by his friends, though it's actually more because he just loves to look at them and listen to them talk about their lives, than because he's shy.

He's not shy, thank you very much.

He's a listener, not much of a talker. He enjoys company even though he also likes his alone time. He loves attention on him, just only when he decides it.

But.

His date life is a mess. His friends go as far as to say it's apocalyptic , but they're all such drama queens, you shouldn't listen to them. It's just a bit messy, trust him.

Still, tonight he finds himself on a new experience, waiting for a guy he doesn't know nor does he ever even saw , all that thanks to his best friend Hoseok. He's been listening to Jungkook telling him about all the dates he's been on for months and months, and finally decided two days ago that he'd had enough. According to Hoseok, Jungkook's tolerance for assholes is way too high and his standards way too low.

So his best friend had settled a blind date for him, and if you knew Hoseok as Jungkook does, you would be an inch away from a nervous breakdown too.

Hoseok is funny, loud, outgoing, overwhelming, caring to no end, queer and very proud. And really, don't get him wrong, Jungkook loves him for being no less than a hundred percent himself, it's just... Well, Jungkook doesn't want to date Hoseok, ever . So he's a little bit worried that his date tonight might be just like him, or worse.

Jungkook also doesn't do well with the unexpected. He doesn't hate it, he's just not good at it. He likes being in control of his life, it's safe, it's comfortable, and when he doesn't know what to expect then he's not in control and so he gets stressed out.

The only thing he knows is a name.

Taehyung.

The guy's name is Taehyung and apparently a good friend of Hoseok, but his knowledge of the guy ends there.

Therefore Jungkook is nervous, really nervous. But hey! He still agreed and showed up, because Jungkook is also not a quitter or a coward.

He's been waiting for five minutes now, legs shaking slightly, walking back and forth between the wall of the restaurant and the edge of the sidewalk, glancing every ten seconds to his phone.

After five minutes and twenty seconds, as he raises his head once again to look at one side of the street, he sees a guy approaching, still at a good enough distance from him that he has time to check him out.

Now, don't be bitchy on him, it's natural, we've all done that. Plus, he's meeting the other for the first time, it's his duty to check him out, give him a break.

Even though the guy is still away, he's definitely at least as tall as Jungkook, and that helps him relax a little bit. He has no problem with guys smaller than him, but again: he didn't know what to expect.