Chapter Thirty Four

'Ok Marie turn on the bed hang your legs off the side and lean forward for me and I'll get this epidural in' I listen to the anaesthetist well that what I think he is not sure to be honest but he's got the strong drugs, so I am sitting on the right side of the bed bend forwards hold Will's hands while this guy puts a needle in my back it feels so weird. Will is holding my hands so tight and telling me I am doing so well. Finally he's done and Will helps me lay back on the bed, the guy starts the pain relief and I start to lose the feelings in my leg. I soon realise I can move my legs and the contractions are slowly vanishing.
'Now time for the drip and to be linked up to the monitor so we can track baby heartbeat and ur contractions Marie' the midwife links it to the Iv in my hand and places to fabric belts with monitors attached to them on my stomach.
'I'll check you in a hour, try and rest won't be too long now til your baby is here' I look at Will and smile.
'I like this now, I feel nothing' he laughs and holds my hand.
'I am so proud of u babe your doing great' he kisses my hand.
'I love you Will' I whisper as I feel my eyes getting heavy.
'I love you more' he whispers back as he gently squeeze my hand without the drip in it,
'Rest baby your got to push soon' I close my eyes.

Will POV
Marie has actually fallen asleep, it's actually quite funny as she's missing all the big strong contractions, I can't believe she can't feel these the lines on the monitor are going up really high.
'Mom do you need anything? I have my lunch here if your hungry' my mom has been busy taking pictures of this whole birth experience for me and Marie, I kinda feel bad she's here will us without anything to do.
'No I am fine Will I am just getting emotional my baby's baby is on his way, she's doing so well Will, I am so proud of you both' I smile and go back to staring at Marie while she sleeps.
'This isn't what I expected to happened when I came home I wanted to wait for kids until we was married, I wanted to give her the world Mom' my Mom gets up and pats my back.
'How would you feel if this wasn't your baby or you came back and she had moved on? No this isn't ideal but you two have a home, and this like one to love forever. I hope this works out for you both I really do'
'Me too Mom' I get up and hug her.