The End of an Era: part 2

A gentle voice was speaking to Pearl as two hands moved her hands up to her mouth.

"Please, let's never speak of this again. No one can know." Pearl looked up at Pink Diamond's eyes, full of trust. What was about to happen would change everything forever. "I never want to look back..."

*Flashback Over*

I looked at Pearl and she hugged me. "Rose, I know that this is all in the past, but... I can't help but look back.", she said with tears filling her eyes. Pearl got like this a lot. Ever since she became your Pearl, she was always different from other Pearls. She never hid her feelings, for she knew you would never get hurt her.

"It's okay Pearl. The war is over, and we are alive. We are still here. I'm still here. You don't have to worry about anything. I'll always be here to protect you." I pulled Pearl into a tighter hug and we sat there for a few minutes. We fought for this planet. We fought against the Diamonds and what they did, what I did. And we won, they all fled, and we survived through it all. These past thousands of years will be ones that no one will forget, from the day Pearl drew her sword, to today when we still stand tall for what we believe.

The hug lasted for a little bit until we heard some movement coming from the warp pad. We saw two gems and one big glowing figure. After a moment we saw Garnet and a feeling of happiness and relief washed over us.

"GARNET!!!" yelled Pearl and me, hopping onto Garnet and hugging her. "You've been gone for too long!", said Pearl, still crying. "It's been an hour, calm down.", said Garnet in a motherly voice. Garnet is like our leader. Even though I'm the one that technically created the Crystal Gems, she still has more leadership then I'll ever have. 

End of part 2!