CHAPTER TWENTY

“Know what? I was nearly selected. And the things had to go wrong then, tch!”- blathering out the random topic, trainees there leaned on the front door. The newbies of this season entered one by one walking past them. Literally, nobody made any interaction until that one coconut head boy did the cringing thing out of excitement toward the elders, “You know my hyung?!” flashing his bunny teeth out.

“Um- kiddo, are you okay?” trainees got kinda annoyed at his sudden blurt. “Yah, you shouldn't be like this.” blurted out another one beside him eyeing the bunny boy, scanning him from head to toe, making the already sulky him more uncomfortable.

“I'm- sorry,” apologized he bowing down. His adorable aura didn't fail the seniors go soft on him, “Look, kiddo. We don't know who you’re seeking for. I think we can't help you.” said one of the seniors.

“Because you don't want to do so.” a voice, not so far from them, deep yet drawl, heard. The bunny boy tossed a look over his shoulder to see following the senior's gaze.
“And look who's talking! Yoongi Min, whom nobody even knows.” a smug smile appeared while uttering, the trainees scoffed.

“Well, thank you for the compliment, Mark,” Yoongi rolled his eyes before walking past the younger, leaving a gesture to follow him. There stood the newbie, gulped at this and just accepted mentally to work on his instruction.
“Well, kid. Since you choose to follow him, do it at your own risk.” Mark, one of the trainees, shrugged and walked away before giving a damn at all this when his companion just followed him.

Strange people… he thought.

Both walked through the corridor accompanied by an awkward silence around. The newbie, from his perception, was studying the guy next to him.

Min Yoongi. His pale face more like a boiled dumpling, black smooth hair, average height or just a bit less, hands showing the veins. He was walking beside him with a cast of weird poker-face on.

“Well, Jungkook. After heading to the ballroom, you can meet whoever you want.” Yoongi informed bluntly earning a dough eye glance from the said boy.

“Hyung, h-how do you know me? Am I that popular?”

“As long as you put your uniform on.” quirking up brows, he asserted.

“O-oh, yeah.” recognizing him being so cringy out of excitement frequently and forgetting the name tag on his school's blazer, Jungkook averted his gaze shyly.

“So, what's his name? Your hyung I mean, ” Yoongi this time interacted first before adding, “You look excited, so…”

“...Hoseok. Hoseok Jung, my brother.” a smile, soft one, took place since Jungkook continued  to describe his hyung, “...being half-siblings, we got separated, but...we managed to meet.”

“I think I heard of him from Yu Na.” Yoongi murmured audibly enough for Jungkook who slightly widened his eyes, “You know her too!”

“Why won’t  I? She's my friend.” another blunt answer of him but Jungkook just chuckled so innocently that the poker-face Yoongi couldn't help curving a small grin.

The quietness continued. Jungkook again tried to make an eye-contact but stopped doing so, since he received a questionable stare from the guy next to him.

“Would you mind if- I ask you something?” mumbled Jungkook lowering his gaze.

“Depends...”

“That hyung back there, why did he sound so mean?” he hesitantly questioned.

“Well, don't have to worry about him. He’s just good but not so good mate of mine.” he reasoned earning an obedient nod.

“This pathway is just unnecessarily long, ” Yoongi blurted huffing. He turned to the side to check since he got no feedback from the boy and found him lingered his eyes on the furnished and architected interior. The innocence playing on his aura didn't go unnoticed by the pale guy.