Chapter 8

3-9-2020 Edited by KitWulf

"I met Nora three years ago when I had just arrived at Greenwood college for a research program." Azura closed her eyes and sighed softly, remembering those quiet days as she let her mind drift back to her past.

*

Azura moved through the crowd of students to the main building of Greenwood college. She tried to avoid the other students as much as possible, keeping her head down while still trying to take in as much as she could of her new surroundings. She didn't like loud and busy places and had always found it hard to adjust and meet new people, but the opportunity of studying and doing research here was too big of a chance not to take.

There were so many different races represented here to which Azura had never heard of. She was raised by human parents who adopted her when she was only two-and-a-half years old, and they had never known about the other races until they met her. When Azura had shifted in front of them for the first time they were shocked, but they also saw a little girl in dire need of help. After that, they never tried to indulge in the world of supernaturals, instead raising her as if she were a human.

It was the last days of summer. The sun was already low in the sky and its rays held less warmth each passing day. Azura looked at the big red brick building that was overseeing the entire campus. It looked to be a colonial-style building, with some massive pillars at the main entrance and a big clock tower on top. The green grass in front with some flower beds neatly arranged made for an impressive entrance.

Azura glanced around. There were a lot of new students present like her, some carrying suitcases while others with their entire belongings on the street. Between those new students, those who had been there for much longer wandered around, offering help and guiding the new ones around.

Her eyes stopped when she saw a dark-skinned couple heavily making out. They looked so engrossed in each other as if they were the only ones around. Her dark hair was braided in several small strands and bundled together on top of her head.

Right as Azura went to look away, the girl turned around and stared straight at her for a moment. Dark brown eyes bore into her own blue ones, her stomach reacting to something she couldn't place. A feeling of longing? Azura quickly averted her eyes, feeling like she had just intruded on an intimate moment between the pair. She quickly darted off to register herself as a new student and got to her dorm room where she was assigned.

Room 119. Azura turned the key around and entered the room. She knew she would be sharing so she hoped her dorm partner would be a nice girl. The first thing she noticed was the color. Pink. Pink curtains, pink sheets on one of the beds, pink accessories everywhere, and a big abstract painting with several shades of the color.

She had no idea how long she was staring at the overdose of pink. Her mouth hung open from surprise and she slowly entered. Nobody was here so the other girl was probably out somewhere.

"So much...pink... Holy cow." She muttered in amazement. The only place not covered in it was her bed. Or so it felt at least. Azura started unpacking slowly, still overwhelmed by the room. She put her clothes in the closet and made her bed.

"Who the hell are you? I was supposed to have a room by myself!" A bitchy high pitched voice rang through her ears.

Azura spun around and saw a short girl standing in the doorway. She looked ready to pounce on her at any second. Brown curled locks framed a small round head beautifully, while freckles made it look as if she were a nice, cute girl, but the look in her light brown eyes proved otherwise.