09. A Dance?

"Here." Andrea handed me a small card. "Your name is now Isabel Moore. Don't forget that, or you'll be in deep shit."

The Fake ID she handed me looked real. She was good at what she did, that was a fact. The only thing I had to do was remember my name, seemed simple enough.

Piece of cake.

"Thanks, I love my hair. You're a great stylist." I gave my long curls a pat. "I would take five years to do this." My ponytail had big diva curls in it that scratched at my back, it was styled with hairspray and a few stray sections of hair fell down the sides of my face.

"What can I say? I have many talents," she replied with a smile. "You should be on the list," she offered with a wink. "Good luck." She walked out of my room and shut the door gently behind her.

I placed the ID on my make up desk. In my closet, I picked out the long black backless dress I had bought a few days ago for this event, and grabbed a garter band holster to keep a knife hidden under my dress.

After I slipped it on I admired the way it hugged my figure in the mirror. It squeezed my torso in all of the right spots, reaching down to my ankles it split up my right thigh leaving my leg semi exposed. My tattoo and the knife were on the left thigh, hidden from any view.

After putting on a full face of makeup and picking out some flashy jewelry, I readied myself mentally.

It was some what of an internal conversation with myself while watching myself back in the mirror.

I placed the masquerade mask over my face, enjoying the way it hid me but left me exposed all at the same time. As strange as it was, the mask gave me a sense of freedom. This was something I was doing for myself. It wasn't on my fathers command.

I faced myself head on in the mirror. "Let's go have a chat with this assassin in blue."

I met Lynn at the door, loving the way her long, black dress faded into blue. Her hair was in a crown braid hairstyle and she was all glammed with pearls and diamonds.

I tied my mask on and adjusted it to a comfortable position.

Lynn smirked. "You look good Isabel,"
she complimented. "Not as good as me, of course." Andrea must have told her my 'name' I assumed. She held her head high and strutted out the door.

Thanks.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Luckily, there was only a short line and we made it to the door without a hassle. I could faintly hear the music playing from inside, the sound of chatter mixing with the melody.

Lynn handed the big bald man that was checking names off of the list her ID. I wasn't really paying attention to their conversation, my focus was zoned out into another world while I listened to the music coming from inside the building. I took note that the outside was heavily guarded.

"Excuse me?" The big bald man burst out and threw a nasty look at Lynn.

"My name," Lynn tilted her head towards the list of different names. "Sukma Wang. It's spelled S-u-k-m-a W-a-n-g. Is there a problem?" She shifted her posture in a more intimidating way.

It took everything in me not to show the slightest hint of a smile. Andrea did this on purpose.

He cleared his throat and shook his head. The guy found the name on the list and looked at the ID she had given him, scanning it before he marked out the name. "Of course not, ma'am." He handed the ID back to her with slight shame.

She swiftly pulled it from his fingers. "Good," she spat. She put her ID in her small silver purse, and walked inside as if she were on a red carpet.

Once I was inside, I went straight to an empty table. All of the tables were draped in white table cloth and the soft chairs were a dark red color. The lights were dimmed all around the room besides the light over the dance floor. The stage in the room was shut off by large bulky curtains. Thin white and blood red curtains were hung from the walls, decorating the room like a peppermint.