introduction

Hey, everyone! I never thought I'd be starting an entire oneshot book for Legos, of all things, but after discussing the movie with a focus group (i.e. two Wattpad friends and my cat), I've come to the conclusion that I totally needed to. That, and I just love making new covers. Art credit for this one goes to the talented samanthadoodles on Deviantart!

(I have also come to the conclusion that the LEGO Movie fandom could really use some more well-written, age-appropriate fics that are respectful to the characters and the movie's target audience: the whole family, but especially kids with big imaginations! I'm still improving my writing, but I'll do my best to contribute!)

Some of my favorite things to see in fiction are slowly-developed friendships, ships, and forgiveness arcs with a lot of depth and meaning, so you'll be seeing a lot of those here. Oh, and fluff. Gotta love some fluff!

As of writing this, I'm still reaaally loving the first movie, so chances are that the majority of these oneshots will be for the original instead of the sequel. (That, and the sadly-fanon post-first-movie universe where the Duplo get shooed off and everybody's trying to make Bricksburg a better place. That's still my favorite part to write about!)

Thanks for checking this out, and I hope you enjoy! There's lots of silly Lego-style shenanigans to come!