CHAPTER ONE.

Jungkook can see his friend Seokjin shouting something at him from a few feet away, but he can't make out any of the words over the booming bass hitting him from all sides. He waves a hand around his ear to motion for the other man that he can't hear him, but Seokjin seems way too drunk to comprehend or to care. Figuring that it's probably nothing important, he turns his head back around to face Taehyung but finds himself nearly assaulted by two arms being wrapped around his neck.

Jungkook instinctively steps back and pulls the offending weight off, scowling when he realizes the vaguely familiar face now watching him with hooded eyes and a clearly alcohol-induced sloppy grin. He can't quite recall her name though. Hyein? Hyerin? Something like that. All he remembers is how she's been telling people that they "sort of have a thing going on," and while that had gotten immensely on his nerves, he'd let the poor girl be, figuring that she's just one of those desperate women all over campus who's been dying to get a piece of him.

But now she's clinging onto him in the middle of a crowded party where everyone is already paying too much attention to him. She's throwing herself onto him again, and Jungkook pulls out of her grasp one more time, irritation building inside him. He came to have a good time and not deal with this bullshit again.

"Kookie...Why are you pushing me away," she whines, swaying now that she has no one to lean against. He's about to tell her off, when a couple of girls show up from seemingly of nowhere and take her away. One throws him a dirty look that Jungkook scowls right back at, and the other shoots him a quick look of apology before disappearing into the crowd with the rest of her friends.

"Can we have one party where a girl doesn't throw herself at you?" Taehyung asks as he slings an arm around Jungkook's shoulders. Jungkook replies with a shrug, and then tries to get back in the partying mood.

Jungkook has always been aware of the attention he receives from both men and women alike. Jungkook knows that many people on campus refer to him as "you know, that hot guy." He was the cute boy in middle school. The cute boy in high school. And now he was the hot guy in college that girls and some boys flocked to.

Jungkook's always been aware of his stellar looks. Afterall, his father was a rather prominent figure in the entertainment industry, appearing in multiple ads, TV series and movies with his striking good looks and a charming sense of humor. It also helped that his mother had a career in modeling until she decided to launch her own cosmetics brand. So yeah, he was destined for aesthetic greatness, and boy, did his genes do him a solid.

So he's used to girls watching and following him around, making speculations about him or spreading rumors to their advantage. And Jungkook had humored some of them when he entered college, but eventually, he grew tired of all the acting...because you see, Jungkook is gay. Has been, is and will always be gay with zero interest in women. Clearly he's not stupid enough to let that part of himself be known to the public, but now he's regretting having ever "dated" anyone, because shit, now everyone is trying.

A couple of minutes later, he does see Hyejin or Hyeryeon or whatever the hell her name is crying between the two friends who had taken her away, and Jungkook makes a face, wondering what the hell she's still doing around. His eyes continue to roam, needing to find something interesting or entertaining to distract himself from the crying girl and eventually lands on a figure whos vaguely familiar.

He's seen the guy around his marketing lecture and remembers him only because the man always sits in the first row, closest to the professor. Personally, he doesn't understand why anyone would volunteer to sit that close to the professor. Especially their marketing professor. He, Taehyung and Seokjin had made a couple of comments about such act of nerdiness a couple of times, so Jungkook's surprised to find him at a party.

"Hey, that guy," Jungkook begins, pointing at the figure with his chin. "He's from our marketing lecture right? The guy that sits in the first row?"

Seokjin cranes his neck to see who Jungkook is referring to.

"Yeah. Seems like it. What's he doing here?" Seokjin muses, just as Taehyung takes a look as well and lets out a "Hn, that's him alright. I think his name's...Ji...Jimin?"

"Hn." Jungkook glances at this "Jimin" again. The man is talking animatedly to some girl with a ridiculously brightly-colored hair, and something about the interaction catches his attention. He hasn't paid much attention to Jimin before other than to sort of poke fun at how attentive he is during lecture. The man was always quiet. Typing away on his laptop with his back perfectly straight and his lips pursed into a tight line.

"So anyway," Taehyung starts, and Jungkook turns his attention back to his friends.