CHAPTER SIX.

Jimin doesn't even bother to mask the deep sigh escaping his lips. He gets it. He completely understands the fear or accidentally being outed because he had spent his entire life being a victim to that particular fear. For him, tapping into his passion for makeup had helped him cope, knowing that the industry he hopes to be a part of is a lot more forgiving about his sexuality...but this is getting ridiculous.

He hasn't missed Jungkook's scrutiny ever since the bar incident. The man was not very good at behaving inconspicuously, but Jimin had ignored it for his own sake. But come on.

"Look," Jimin begins, pinching the bridge of his nose and not even bothering to pull himself up into a sitting position. "I told you I won't and I'm not going to and I honestly don't care that you're, you know, that."

"How do I know you're not going to change your mind?"

"Seriously? What would I tell people? How would I even be able to tell other people you're that without notifying them that I was there too, which would be telling everyone I'm also that?"

".....Oh."

"Exactly."

"Well...I dunno, maybe you can still...I dunno," Jungkook mumbles, suddenly looking unsure of himself. Jimin slaps a hand over his eyes and then slides it down his nose all the way to his chin.

"I. Don't. Care. I really don't. I don't make a habit of relaying personal, private information to other people or being an asshole."

Jimin, seeing Jungkook's silence as an indication of the end of their brief conversation closes his eyes again. He vaguely makes out the sound of footsteps fading away before falling sound asleep.

-

Jimin is just about to pull out a red pen when he hears the empty chair across from him being pulled back. He looks up, ready to see one of his friends who might have wandered into the study hall to get some work done but sees none other than Jeon Jungkook taking the seat.

"What are you doing here?" Jimin asks with narrowed eyes, keeping his voice low. Students are not required to remain quiet in the study hall, which is located in the first floor lobby area of the library, but there is not enough students present in the vicinity for Jimin to speak in his usual tone without attracting attention.

"....Studying."

"You mean, spying on me?"

"....No."

"You are."

"...."

"Are you seriously sitting with me to make sure that I don't go off telling everyone else that you are that? While I'm working on an assignment?" Jimin asks incredulously, pulling out the red pen he would have gotten if he wasn't so rudely interrupted by Jungkook.

"Well, I just like this seat," Jungkook counters with a sudden look of determination, and Jimin lets out a small sigh before figuring that he can probably continue on with his studies by completely ignoring the other man's presence.

-

"Did you tell anyone?"

Jimin almost chokes on his lunch.

"No. Now go away."

-

"Did you tell anyone?"

Jimin grits his teeth, refusing to look away from his laptop as he continues to type furiously on it. He doesn't understand how Jungkook seems to always know exactly where he is.

"No."

-

"Did you tell anyone?"

Jimin wonders if he should file for a restraining order as he continues to turn a corner, hoping that blatantly ignoring the man will make him go away.

It doesn't.

"Well?"

"For fuck's sake. No, I didn't. Now leave me alone."

-

"Did you tell anyone?"

Jimin pretends to not hear anything as he continues to read over his notes. Jungkook continues to sit across from him in the study hall, just staring at him without moving a muscle. It's not a solid 20 minutes later that Jungkook finally decides to pull out his own notes and study, and Jimin pretends to not notice that either.

Monday rolls around again, and Jimin finds himself sitting across from Jungkook yet again. At this point, Jimin is almost impressed, because the last time around, Jimin had ignored the other man for two solid hours before packing up all his stuff, including his finished assignment, and walked off. Jungkook does ask his usual "DId you tell anyone?" to which Jimin replies with a pointed look before returning his attention to the laptop screen in front of him.

Jimin continues to type away on his laptop, figuring he can do another couple of hours without having to interact with the obsessive man.

Except about 30 minutes into their weird "study session," Jungkook breaks the silence between them with a question that isn't "Did you tell anyone?"

"You know stuff about um...makeup, right?"

"....Excuse me?" Jimin asks despite his promise to himself to not engage.

"You were wearing makeup that day," Jungkook elaborates, deciding to not include anything about his mother's launch party.

"...And why are youou asking me this?" Jimin's eyes are narrowed now, as if daring Jungkook to make fun of him. However, against his expectations, Jungkook only scratches his chin before clearing his throat rather nervously.

"I uh...I'm looking up stuff about makeup for...research purposes."