3

Flynn

I held my head low trying to get out of the halls as quickly as possible. I just wanted to get to my lecture quickly, and if I'm late my professor will call me out on the spot in front of a class with 60 students. No thanks.

My mind trails to last night and I feel an involuntary smile makes his way to my lips. I thought back to when I woke up to knocking on my door. I opened it to find Jackson wearing a nervous smile. He had the tiramisu cake I ordered a few days ago in his hands.

I don't remember much but I know he brushed my hair with his hand and I could feel when he cupped my cheek. He was so warm and kind. I felt, protected, in a way.

I like his touch on me. Was that a bad thing?

I remember when I first saw him, he didn't see me and I was avoiding that at first. It was the day when he was moving in when I first saw him. He was wearing short denim overalls with a creamy blue shirt. I chuckled a little. It suited him, it gave him a little boyish charm. His hair is a dark chocolate brown with subtle highlights which is just a shade lighter. He has a scruff making him look rough but all the hotter. He can't be older than the early thirties.

I made it to the lecture halls and sit all the way at the back of the many rows where I feel most comfortable.

Soon after 10 minutes the oversized middle-aged man with salt hair came waddling in the two bottom doors.

This was a two-hour lecture and I internally groaned. I pulled out my notebook getting ready for a lot of note-taking.

The professor greeted everyone and started the lecture.

Soon enough the lecture ended on a good note and luckily the professor didn't drag on overtime. It was a good lecture and it went well.

The college campus, which is just a singular building became quiet as it neared 4 o clock, most of the students were home or out at parties or studying

I had an hour to hang around, I had to tutor at 5 so I headed to the cafeteria. They were closing up so I grabbed a quick chicken wrap to cure my hunger.

I sat at an empty table and immediately felt self-conscious. I looked around my area but the 5 people who were here were either sitting at a table having a quiet discussion one was on his phone listening to music while two other tables had people studying, weren't staring at me as I thought.

I jolt as I hear a cheery "hi!"

I turn to see a boy around my age, maybe older very good looking with milky coffee hair and pale skin, icy blue eyes and freckles littering across his cheeks and nose.

"Sorry to scare you" he chuckles giving me a friendly smile.

"I'm Arthur but you can call me Art." He sits down next to me and I look at him like an alien walked up to me.

Why did he walk up to me- and me of all people?

"o-oh I'm Flynn."

"Nice to meet you, Flynn, you're...in my literature class?" He asks unsure and I nod remembering his familiar face.

"Yeah, I recognize you now. um, so what are you doing here?" I ask shyly.

"I'm a nursing student, and I'm just waiting around for extras, "

"oh I see, w-well you can sit with me if you want," i announce shyly.

Art grins widely "sure!" Before he sits down he runs to get a chicken mayo sandwich from the cafe.

I wonder why he came up to me, no one really approaches me. I always keep to myself because I hate drawing attention to myself. I cant go and introduce myself to people randomly like a classmate of mine, she's very social. I'm just way to shy to actually converse with anyone.