Chapter 3

Cheryl's POV

School was over. Toni was coming to spend the night at mine. I was exited. We weren't doing anything crazy. We had planned a simple night in. We were going to watch a movie. To me, it was the perfect night in. I was looking forward to relaxing with my girlfriend after a long first week back in school.

We jumped off her bike and walked in to Thistlehouse. We were both laughing. We couldn't help it. Sometimes we just break out in laughter for no reason. It was stupid.

"Hey Nana!" I shouted.

"Hello girls!" Nana called back. "Don't be too loud. I'm trying to watch my shows."

"Sorry Nana!" I yelled as we ran up the stairs to my room. I chuckled as Toni followed behind me in to my room. We both collapsed on my bed.

"Finally." Toni sighed in relief. I looked at her and for a moment, I froze. I was lost in her beauty.

"I'm going to get in to something more comfortable." I stated.

"Great idea." Toni kissed me as she got up from the bed.

~little while later~

We sat there, just watching the film. We were both cuddled up under the blanket. It was exactly how I wanted it to be. The film was good. It was a Disney movie, because I love Disney. I also loved singing along to the songs. I was surprised when Toni would sing along too.

I was singing along, happily, whilst admiring Toni's smile. It was a scene with loads of dancing. I looked at Toni and grinned. I stood up off the bed. I reached my hand out for her.

"Get up." I demanded.

"Why?" She asked.

"To dance. Why else?" I answered.

"No way. Not happening." She stated, crossing her arms.

"Oh come on. Don't be boring!" Toni rolled her eyes at me.

"Uhhhh...Fine. Just this once." Toni moaned as she took my hand. She always gives in. I wrapped my arms around her waist and she wrapped hers around my neck, both of us still singing along." I hate you." Toni laughed.

"No you don't." I winked back. She laughed, whilst continuing to dance.

"Cheryl, can I just say, thank you. These past few months with you have been nothing short of incredible. Especially our spontaneous road trip." Toni said.

"I should be thanking you. You took me on your motorcycle. I was terrified at the start, but you made me feel safe. Thank you, Toni." I smiled at my girlfriend. We danced around in a peaceful silence.

"You might want to calm down for a second there, Bombshell." Toni said as I started doing this crazy and stupid dance move. I continued to sing. "You have an incredible voice, Cheryl."

"Why thank you, T.T. So do you. And your dancing is incredible." We both giggled. Toni pulled me back towards her, so I was within her grasp.

"It's one of the things I love about you." I stopped still. What did she just say? My mind was in a state of confusion.

"I love you Cheryl. I hope it's not too soon. I don't even know if you feel the same, or are even at that stage yet." I didn't know what to say. Nobody has told me that. Not since Jason. It brought tears of joy to my eyes. I saw Toni become worried, likely due to my delay in answering. I brought my hand up to her cheek and replied to her statement.

"I love you too, Toni."

"Really?" Toni asked.

"Of course. How could I not?" I kissed her. This was a memory I would cherish forever.

"Can we sit down now? I'm a bit tired from this dancing." I laughed at Toni's words.

"Sure thing babe." I pulled her down on to the bed. I kissed her forehead gently as we both got back in to a comfortable position. I couldn't stop smiling. I still couldn't believe it. Having someone who cares about me is still something I have to get used to.

Toni's POV

We were watching the film. Cheryl being Cheryl was singing along to the songs. Everything was perfect. Eventually, I was singing along too.

Out of nowhere, Cheryl leaped up from the bed and put her hand out towards me.

"Get up." She insisted.

"Why?"

"To dance. Why else?" Cheryl replied.

"No way. Not happening." I protested.

"Oh come on. Don't be boring!" I rolled my eyes at Cheryl.

"Uhhhh...Fine. Just this once." I moaned as I took her hand. We wrapped our arms around each other. "I hate you." I joked.

"No you don't." Cheryl said. We moved side to side, dancing near the screen, Cheryl still singing.

"Cheryl, can I just say, thank you. These past few months with you have been nothing short of incredible. Especially our spontaneous road trip." I explained.

"I should be thanking you. You took me on your motorcycle. I was terrified at the start, but you made me feel safe. Thank you, Toni." We smiled at each other.

"You might want to calm down for a second there, Bombshell." I looked at Cheryl who was doing an unusual dance move. She shrugged slightly, before continuing to sing. "You have an incredible voice, Cheryl."

"Why thank you, T.T. So do you. And your dancing is incredible." Cheryl chuckled quitely, but I noticed it. I pulled her closer to me. Now is a better time than any, I thought.

"It's one of the things I love about you." Cheryl looked like a statue. I suddenly felt less weight on my shoulders.

"I love you Cheryl. I hope it's not too soon. I don't even know if you feel the same, or are even at that stage yet." I said. Cheryl's eyes filled with tears. I started to grow nervous again, until Cheryl raised her hand and placed it on my cheek.

"I love you too, Toni." Cheryl answered. My heart rate started to go back to normal.

"Really?" I asked, just to be sure. This all felt like a dream come true. It felt like my worries disappeared.

"Of course. How could I not?" We kissed. This was a memory I was sure we would both keep close to our hearts.

~a couple of minutes later~

I had my hand on cheryl's head, whilst my fingers twirled her hair. I could feel my eyes becoming heavier. I thought it were best to turn the movie off.

"Hey Ch-" I looked down at Cheryl, who was already asleep in my arms. I smiled at the sight. She looked adorable. I kissed her forehead and said "Goodnight, Cher." I closed my eyes too, soon drifting off in to a deep sleep.

Authors note:

For those reading hope you enjoyed. Also, did you guys love Riverdale episode 3x12? It was the gayest episode I have ever seen.

x