Chapter 8

Cheryl's POV

I was stood over the coffin. I still couldn't believe she was gone. Just when I had found happiness. It was ripped away from me. I put my hand on the coffin and looked at the picture of Toni for a moment. She was smiling in it. Oh how I missed her smile. How I missed her touch, her laugh, her cheeky grin she would have when she was flirting with me. She was the most amazing girlfriend, and now she was gone.

I couldn't wake up next to her anymore. I couldn't tell her how much I love her anymore. All I had left of her was pictures and her serpent jacket. There were some videos too, but none of it could compare to actually having her by my side.

The funeral had been so hard. It was finally my chance to give a speech about Toni. I was so nervous. I was sure I would have a mental breakdown in the middle of it, but I needed to say something. I needed to talk about her. I shouldn't keep my feelings locked up inside, which is something Toni taught me.

I looked around, to see her grandfather and friends from school like Jughead, Betty, Veronica, Fangs, Sweet Pea and Josie. There were a few more too and plenty of serpents. Everyone had came to pay their respects.

After taking a long and deep breath, I began talking. My hands were shaking. My voice was too.

"Thank you all for gathering here today. I just wanted to say a few words about Toni." I could feel my heart racing. My eyes were already filling with tears.

"Where do I begin? Toni was special, to me, to her grandfather, to anyone who was lucky enough to know her. She was special for so many reasons. S-she was kind and funny." I had to pause for a moment, but I knew I wanted to finish my speech. It would be a step forward in my grieving process.

"She would never give up on herself or anyone else. She was the light in my life....She made me feel happy, understood. She showed me I could love again. And......that's what I did. I loved her more than words could describe.....Sh-Sh-She helped me accept who I am, which is a debt I can never repay. She was mine......My girlfriend. My T.T. She was taken from this earth and from us far too soon.....I know I, along with many others are going to miss you Toni. I'll see you again one day, my love." I kissed my hand and put it back on the coffin.

Authors note:

Hope you enjoyed. Please leave any feedback you might have. Sorry for the delay on the one shot. It should be out later tonight or tomorrow.
x