Chapter 2

Fatal Car Crash

March 21st, 2008

At 11:30 last night, a semi-truck hit a passenger car with two people inside. The two were rushed to the Emergency Room early this morning. Their identities will remain confidential for now.

The truck driver, when found wandering two hours later, seemed to be in a dazed state. The authorities believe him to have been under the influence.

April 2nd, 2008

Breaking News! One of the two involved in the car crash last month, Christine Cunningham, has come out of urgent care. She agreed to have her name and the name of the passenger released to the public. However, the passenger, now confirmed to be Arnold Denbrough, passed away on March 31st. The two were engaged and were to be married in December of this year.

November 29th, 2008

The truck driver involved in the car crash earlier this year, Jonathan Myers, was accused of driving under the influence and vehicular man-slaughter, but he was found not guilty on the charges of man-slaughter. He was, however, charged with driving under the influence.

The reason for him being acquitted for vehicular man-slaughter is because evidence was found that it was not him behind the wheel when the crash occurred. The person most likely fled after hitting the couple, leaving the drunk Myers at the scene to wander off.

Ms. Cunningham refused to comment-

Christine shot up, panting heavily and sweating. She looked around the dark motel room, making sure that nothing was lurking about, waiting to pounce.

She had been paranoid since the encounter with the demon in the convenience store, then in the bar, and then the crazy chainsaw wielding man who met her outside. Needless to say that the night before was not her night. She lined her room with salt after she got back, as usual, but considering her Devil's Trap bullets didn't help earlier, she wasn't sure whether her usual methods would work or not.

Her room was small, but big enough for just her. There was a tv on her dresser and a telephone on the table right next to the door. The curtains -which were a dark orange- were shut, blocking out the light of the full moon. Christine sat in pristine-looking white sheets, gasping for air. Her nightshirt was clinging to her slick, clammy skin. Her blonde hair was disheveled from her tossing and turning in the night.

A nightmare. But not just any nightmare. It was a nightmare about Arnie. Christine swung her legs over the bed and onto the green carpet of the room, her bed creaking in the process. She sat for a few moments, trying her best to collect her thoughts. It was odd to her, she hadn't thought of Arnie in at least a year and yet, there she was, dreaming about the crash again. She suspected it to be the work of the demon, if she could even call it that.

With a sigh, she pulled herself out of bed and turned on the lamp on her nightstand, illuminating the small room. She squinted her eyes as they adjusted to the harsh light. There was no way she'd go back to bed after the nightmare, even if it was 3:30 in the morning.

____________________

2

____________________

It seemed to be a normal day in Elk Grove, aside from all the cops surrounding the bar Christine fled from the night before. A crowd surrounded the building along with numerous cop cars and the bright yellow tape that everyone expects to see when a crime was committed.