Chapter 3

Kelly watched wearily as a red car pulled into Ash's driveway. She placed her hand on her machine gun so it was there, not quite ready to pull the trigger, but it gave her the chance to at least pick it up. The car door opened and Christine stepped out. Kelly quickly grabbed her gun and raised it, pointing it through the blinds.

Christine looked back at her car and yelled something that Kelly couldn't quite make out. She stomped back to her car and opened the passenger door, and Ash came stumbling out. Kelly wasn't sure if he was kidnapped or something, but she wondered why they would bring him back home. The two came to the door and knocked. Kelly didn't move until she heard Ash yell.

"Guys? Can someone answer the door I don't have my keys?" Kelly rolled her eyes and got up, machine gun still pointed and ready. She opened the door to see Ash standing in the forefront and Christine looking at her surroundings.

"Woah, Kelly, you can put the gun dow-"

"Who the hell is this?" She asked, gesturing to Christine, who was currently running her hands along the graffiti on the wall. Ash looked over at her, pointing with a sheepish smile.

"This is the babe I tried to help out last night." Christine rolled her eyes and crossed her arms, making her way over to Ash with an obvious attitude.

"And, uh, she helped me out too. The cops are gonna be up my ass pretty soon and she helped me get away unnoticed, you know, just delaying shit for now." He explained. Kelly glared at the two of them, trying to see if he was lying. Christine's face remained stoic, as it normally was. Some would say she had a resting bitch face.

"Whatever." Kelly groaned, moving out of the way and allowing Ash and Christine to come in. Christine looked around, noticing the stairs to her left and observing the living room so far. It was rather small, with a couch and arm chair. There was a coffee table in front of a TV, but it was littered with beer cans and empty chip bags. She wrinkled her nose in disgust.

"You live here?" She asked, her voice giving off a slight hint of disgust.

"Actually it's my dad's place... we're just crashing for now." He explained, causing Christine to nod nonchalantly as she continued to look around.

"Hey, doll face, what'd you say you did again?" He asked. Christine looked over at the two.

"It's a bit too complicated for me to explain." She told them.

"You did a fine job of explaining earlier." Ash stated, innocently enough. Kelly groaned.

"I don't want to know what that means." She said in an exasperated tone. It took Ash a few seconds to understand why Kelly seemed so disgusted.

"Oh, no. Not that, not yet." He winked. Christine sighed.

"Not gonna happen. I'm here to get info, not to get laid." She retorted. Ash laughed obnoxiously, causing Christine to flinch.

"Sure, you say that now." He stated, as if he knew for sure that she'd give in. Christine turned around quick, this time with her hands on her hips. Her eyebrows were furrowed, her eyes blazing with anger and shock. Her pink lips were pressed into a thin line. This was the most emotion she had shown since she had arrived.

"What is your problem?" She asked, her voice conveying just as much fury as her face had shown. She made her way toward Ash in graceful yet slow and intimidating strides. Despite Ash being much taller than the woman, he still could tell that he crossed a line he shouldn't have crossed. He hadn't felt this scared of another person in a long time.